how hard is it to find these

iPhoto17

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i want my next real photo shoot to be about abandonment and decay, how hard is it to find abandoned buildings without "no-trespassing" signs

it really depends where you live. But almost every abandoned building has a no traspassing sign. But in an area thats riddled with abandonment its really easy to get in and out with out being noticed, I grew up in the los Angeles area and as kids we would run a muck in such buildings. As long as your not causing harm you should be fine. you could always do your homework and contact the owner to gain access as well (the grown up way).

yeah, i did that for the abandoned jail and by the time i got permission from 2 different police stations it was torn down,t he only thing left now is the barbed wire fence

so i asked around at work today to see if anyone knew anything about abandoned buildings in the local area and theres quite a few within a 5 mile radius from my home, so you know where ill be going when i wake up

Be careful. There's a reason they are abandoned. The floors might not be safe, stuff like that... It would suck to fall through a floor and be laying there, bleeding, with a broken leg, with nobody knowing where you are. :lol:

I was never much into photographing abandoned buildings, but I have explored a few. Just use common sense and remember that they are generally falling apart.

yeah, ill make sure not to go up any stairs, most of these places are closed down restaurants still in pretty good shape, of course ill need my tripod too

Ditto on what Josh said, be safe if you decide to get into shooting abandoned buildings (I inspect them as a part of my job, you cannot be too careful).

Here is a link to a forum that you might find interesting, Urban Exploration Resource: Forum - Home

Be safe & of course happy shooting!

thanks for the link, ive seen a documentary on people who go around the world going to highly restricted places and take photos. from abandoned government missile sights and hangars to abandoned factories and and its just amazing the places those people went to and how they travel to get to some of them

You do know that as a layman you won't be getting into abandoned missle buildings, I assume.
In my experience, most abandoned places that us "normal" people can get into are old houses, barns and little retail shops....
But yes, those shows are amazing, for sure!

yeah, theres nothing around me like that at all anyway but for urban exploration do the places you go HAVE to be abandoned? im pretty sure thats the point in doing UE.

some of the shots on that link are amazing, ive always wanted to go to an abandoned amusement park too, god i hate living here

Most reactions

Back