How hot is it!!!

luckydog

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.cracked-lenz.smugmug.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
You Northern hemisphere folks don't know what you're missing. Today is the first day of Summer Down Under and our second day running of high temperatures (over 100 degrees F). Right now it's 43 Deg Celcius (113 F) for you other folks. Gotta love Xmas on the beach :)

wow thats pretty warm! How is the humidity down where you are? Its a nice 40º here!

Zach :D

a scot wool sweater up to my chin, a vodka gimlet, a fire in the fireplace (of course), and talking to tpf folks on voice software.

you can have your season :wink:

You lucky people. :shock:

Here it is - 12 degrees...grr.. :(

I wanna see snow!!!! Still never seen real snow in person :(

One of these days!

Zach :D

We had someone working for us for a while that was from Texas...he said he'd only seen snow once a long time ago...he really wanted to wait around to see the snow before he left the state again, but he had to leave about a week before the first snow. (he's a storm chaser in the construction business..went to Florida) I felt bad he had to leave!!!

I'm glad I'm not where the heat is, to be honest. We had our first snow today...just beautiful. Though in all it only amounted to an inch or two, there's just something to be said about a first snow; the clean blanket of white that it leaves behind. I love it.

luckydog said:
You Northern hemisphere folks don't know what you're missing. Today is the first day of Summer Down Under and our second day running of high temperatures (over 100 degrees F). Right now it's 43 Deg Celcius (113 F) for you other folks. Gotta love Xmas on the beach :)

Well... Bragging rights belong to Phoenix, AZ as being the hottest city from all the cities here on TPF. Over 7-8 years ago we hit an amazing 122 deg. Fahrenheit. However... Christmas on a beach sounds pretty darn impressive! I can imagine Santa coming down in his 'banana-hammock' style swim suit! I bet every X-mas party Down Under gets to be real fun! Have a Foster's on the beach mate and think of us... Will ya?? :lol: :lol:

Niki said:
You lucky people. :shock:

Here it is - 12 degrees...grr.. :(

Minus 12!!!! Long nights and freezing cold. How do you cope Niki?
Here it's just bleeah! Hovering around + or - 0, wet, dull, grey and muddy.

Mitica100 said:
luckydog said:

Well... Bragging rights belong to Phoenix, AZ as being the hottest city from all the cities here on TPF. Over 7-8 years ago we hit an amazing 122 deg. Fahrenheit. However... Christmas on a beach sounds pretty darn impressive! I can imagine Santa coming down in his 'banana-hammock' style swim suit! I bet every X-mas party Down Under gets to be real fun! Have a Foster's on the beach mate and think of us... Will ya?? :lol: :lol:

:shock: Banananananas have HAMMOCKS now? When did that happen?
That explains the banananana guards - they are for the beach to make bathing safe :LOL:

But will Santa be using the glow in the dark one? He should. That way when it gets dark he can waggle it about as a glow stick for the beach party.

Bah, 43 isn't hot. It can get to over 50 in this room in the summer (normally stays around 45 though). It's 20 in here right now. According to BBC's weather it shouldn't get any hotter than 6 outside today. And to really bore you.

Current Nearest Observations:
cloudy 3°C
Northerly Wind (5 mph)
Relative Humidity (%): 91,
Pressure (mB): 1009, Falling,
Visibility: Moderate

Oppressive heat in Brisbane too. Stoopid Ozstralia.

Thank goodness I live in an airconditioned house, drive to work in an airconditioned car and work in an airconditioned office.

Otherwise it'd be damn hot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back