How is Adorama with Shipping?

I ordered a 50mm f/1.4 from them last Sunday and it's not coming until Tuesday ................

But, at least Adorama actually keeps their used section stocked - there's virtually nothing most of the time in B&H's used store.

I was concerned to read your posting; would you like to contact me directly, with your order number, so that I can look into the shipping issue for you?

Sincerely

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

[email protected]

www.adoramacamera.com

Wow, Big Sister Adorama is watching. ;)

did you make sure that your camera can handle a high capacity card before you did that.. not all of them can
I believe that you only have to worry about the capacity issue when it come to SD cards b/c anything over 2gb is a SDHC card that only works is some thing.

I am really a fan of adorama.com they are always my first stop when it comes to looking for camera gear i love there used gear.
On shipping my camera came is good time but not shipping can never be fast enough...:lol:

I've just purchased several things from them and everything arrived on time.

BUUUTT....
The tripod arrived with a broken red thingy so it doesn't work, the broken part was lose on the bag.

I sent an email to service@etcetc..., asking for instructions on how or where to return it and have it exchanged it. Didn't receive any response to date, not even an automatic response yet.
So on friday(yesterday) I sent again an inquiry through their web site, and still haven't receive any response nor ticket or something.
So I'll wait until monday and that's it, I'll check some other means I guess and some big deal about it if necessary, they are making me waste time.

tripod.jpg

Giorgio

I just ordered my whole light set (strobe w. soft boxes), slave I ordered it 2 days ago I got it mid morning yesterday, Super fast shipping all that cost me $15 to ship also, incredible helpful on the phone with my decision making on which strobes and soft boxes to order

did you make sure that your camera can handle a high capacity card before you did that.. not all of them can
Interesting. I didn't check about that...but I do know that my camera supports UDMA cards. I was using a 4 gig card in my Sony A100. I assume that since the A700 is geared more towards the enthusiast that it'll support an 8 gig card.

I'll definitely do some research to be sure before I open the package. Thanks for the heads up.

I ordered my camera from them. They emailed me asking me to call them to verify the order or they would cancel it within 3 days (I guess because I was a first time buyer with a $1200 purchase). I was in the middle of moving and never got a chance to call them. 3 or 4 days later they called my cell phone to verify the order as well as called my work which I had listed as the shipping address. The weird thing is, I don't think I gave them the work number so they must have looked it up. Crazy that a retailer actually put effort into contacting the customer! :lol:

I will be ordering from them again in the future

I've just purchased several things from them and everything arrived on time.

BUUUTT....
The tripod arrived with a broken red thingy so it doesn't work, the broken part was lose on the bag.

I sent an email to service@etcetc..., asking for instructions on how or where to return it and have it exchanged it. Didn't receive any response to date, not even an automatic response yet.
So on friday(yesterday) I sent again an inquiry through their web site, and still haven't receive any response nor ticket or something.
So I'll wait until monday and that's it, I'll check some other means I guess and some big deal about it if necessary, they are making me waste time.

Giorgio

Dear Giorgio

I apologize that you didn't receive a response to your initial enquiry; at present I can't explain why, but I will certainly look into it.

The enquiry you sent on Friday wouldn't have reached anyone yet as the offices close early on Friday and all day Saturday, however, it will be my pleasure to look after you personally and arrange either an exchange or full refund.
Please contact me directly, with your order number and I will deal with this immediately.

Again, my apologies, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely

Helen Oster

[email protected]
www.adorama.com

Dear Giorgio

I apologize that you didn't receive a response to your initial enquiry; at present I can't explain why, but I will certainly look into it.

The enquiry you sent on Friday wouldn't have reached anyone yet as the offices close early on Friday and all day Saturday, however, it will be my pleasure to look after you personally and arrange either an exchange or full refund.
Please contact me directly, with your order number and I will deal with this immediately.

Again, my apologies, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely

Helen Oster

[email protected]
www.adorama.com

Hi Helen

Thank you very much
My issue is know being taken care and I'll proceed with the instructions.

Salutes
:thumbup:

Giorgio

I was concerned to read your posting; would you like to contact me directly, with your order number, so that I can look into the shipping issue for you?

Sincerely

Helen Oster

[email protected]

www.adoramacamera.com

I sent you an email, but for everyone here: if you're going to ship cross-country, your basic shipping should use a plane, not a truck. If I order Sunday night then, for any order shipping to anywhere in the lower 48, it should arrive by Friday afternoon so I can use it that weekend - otherwise, I have to wait until the following weekend and that's a half-month gone by since I ordered and I can use it. Anything slower than 4-5 business days is slow shipping, I don't care what it is or who it's from or whether it was free shipping or not.

Newegg does 3-day shipping with all orders, and yes sometimes it can cost a bit of money. However, it's very quick to anywhere in the US and, living in Los Angeles, I get next-day shipping either for cheap or free since one of their major warehouses is in LA and UPS sure as hell isn't going to just hold my package prisoner for a few days just because I didn't pony up for 1-day shipping. Do compare.

I've had a couple things break in shipping with adorama. not really their fault... I order these packs of glass frames and occasionally a couple just get broken. Granted, they COULD pack them better, but I think they just figure it's cheaper to pay for the occasional broken one.

They have always either insta-credited me or sent me a new one for free.

Overall, no problems.

I've had a couple things break in shipping with adorama. not really their fault... I order these packs of glass frames and occasionally a couple just get broken. Granted, they COULD pack them better, but I think they just figure it's cheaper to pay for the occasional broken one.

They have always either insta-credited me or sent me a new one for free.

Overall, no problems.

If it happens again, I'd like to know about it. The problem is that if it's a packaging issue, it really should be addressed; otherwise customers such as you are going to continue being inconvenienced by having to contact us, to arrange a replacement.

If I'm made aware of it, with the order number, I can ask the dispatch manager to check whether the problem is down to the materials we use, or training needs in the warehouse. This isn't something that the customer service staff would necessarily think to look into.

Sincerely

Helen Oster

[email protected]

www.adoramacamera.com

Then again, B&H is also in NY and they also take forever to ship out here.
I'm sorry you've developed this misapprehension. We endeavor to ship all orders within one business day of receiving them Most orders ship via UPS and your options include overnight and 2-day rush in addition to 3-day select and ground (of you're in no hurry but want the least expensive option). Other options include FedEx and USPS.

But, at least Adorama actually keeps their used section stocked - there's virtually nothing most of the time in B&H's used store.
Any store's used department is stocked from returns, open-box/demo items purchased from our suppliers and merchandise sold to us by customers who want to get rid of what they don't need and/or are upgrading. Our used dept buyers work daily to maintain an wide range of products, but in general they can't call Nikon or Canon and simply say, "We'd like to order 50 pieces of this-or-that used, please."

I'm sorry you've developed this misapprehension. We endeavor to ship all orders within one business day of receiving them.

This is probably true for most reputable online companies. I think people have a misunderstanding about how this whole system works. Once the product leaves the warehouse, it's out of the retailers hands and into that of the shipping company. This is where you run into late arrivals and such.

Blaming a company like Adorama for shipping issues is kind of pointless (unless there was some sort of error on their end) as they don't transport the product, UPS, FedEx, or the USPS does.

I ordered a 50mm f/1.4 from them last Sunday and it's not coming until Tuesday. Lousiest shipping since Amazon, at least across country to the West Coast, and no way in hell am I paying for a shipping upgrade.

Then again, B&H is also in NY and they also take forever to ship out here. Newegg is best IME but they barely carry any camera stuff.

Upon investigating the circumstances of your order, I discovered that the problem is that you chose the standard shipping option - which is 5-7 days.

Had you chosen (and paid for) a faster option, you would certainly have received your order faster.

As you are aware from the tracking information, your order was scheduled to be delivered today (Monday), but you were not available to receive it.

Sincerely

Helen Oster

[email protected]
www.adoramacamera.com

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back