How is Ilford's health?

You'll probably get more support over at APUG where many never did get why Kodak hit the rocks in early 2012 and where genuine fact-free "stupid @&%!" discussion on this topic runs waist-deep. You can ignore the "big numbers"(demand?) but film manufacturers, labs, and retailers didn't over the last decade.

Dear cgw,
The gym called. You left your T-shirt in the locker room again.

arrogant.jpg

How's that "Flat Earth Society" shirt fittin', compur?

??? Is that some sort of Canadian joke?

Don't bother with him anymore, please, compur. He's clearly only in this thread to enjoy being the naysayer.

cgw:
Ilford is right-sized, innovative and flexible in the face of collapsed demand. They'll be around because they are.

You effectively answered the OP with this statement. The rest has been antagonistic in tone, and not particularly helpful.

I'd say you've made your opinions known, and you can give it a rest in this thread. Thanks!

From what I understood of the whole Kodak thing, the film side was never in any trouble anyway.
It seems so. Old cliche of creator killed by monster of own design.
At some point I gonna become an Ilford films user, it is still better choice than switch to digital. :lol:
I was never much of a Kodak fan anyway... I've always preferred Fuji. Their C-41 films are far superior in the way they handle mixed lighting - that "4th color layer technology" really does work. In B&W, I do like Kodak films, but would never hesitate to use Fuji.

Really, the only Ilford film I have used is Delta 3200. I shoot a ton of Kentmere 400 in 35mm though - while not an Ilford product, they are owned by the same company.

Film use is on the uptake. I received a message from Freestyle recently that indicated their analog sales had improved greatly within the past year.

Will film ever be King again, not likely but it isn't dead, and Ilford has been there developing new products for sometime now. So it would seem they are in good health.

i can remember when they declared bankruptcy several years ago, i was depressed for weeks, but then the management group, hocked their houses and everything else they could get their hands on to save the company.

Their houses are no longer in jeopardy and as they say, they are going to be the last one standing.

Film use is on the uptake. I received a message from Freestyle recently that indicated their analog sales had improved greatly within the past year.

Will film ever be King again, not likely but it isn't dead, and Ilford has been there developing new products for sometime now. So it would seem they are in good health.

i can remember when they declared bankruptcy several years ago, i was depressed for weeks, but then the management group, hocked their houses and everything else they could get their hands on to save the company.

Their houses are no longer in jeopardy and as they say, they are going to be the last one standing.

1 of the camera shops i use said they sold twice as much film this year

I can see that. They seem to be one of the only ones that still care.

The area around where the factory is base is a very expensive area to buy a house not far from there is where most of the Manchester United player live

Most reactions

Back