how is my conversion?

Its a bit flat. His eyes should be fairly white instead of gray.

I'm not sure, I don't use lightroom. Sorry-

maybe that is it...how do I adjust that?

Post the color version and let's see what that look like. My guess is, you can bring the white level down some.

maybe that is it...how do I adjust that?

Post the color version and let's see what that look like. My guess is, you can bring the white level down some.

noah%25207%2520months.jpg

As I suspected.... bring the white level down to about 230.

quick edit, trying to match that matte feel-

Thanks sparky! I will try that first thing tomorrow, his eyes are driving me crazy now haha. And Bossy...yes! That is along the lines of what I want. I couldn't for the life of me figure a good term for it. I'll try to find some lr tutorials for a 'matte' finish. Thanks :)

Check out this site- tons of excellent free presets The CoffeeShop Blog
I learned a lot from actions in photoshop, so I figured it would be the same with presets. You can see whats moved where and learn backwards :D

paigew said:
McCombs Family Highlights see the black and whites on this blog...that is what I'm going for. I like the dullness/flattness of the black.

I love her black and whites.

She is on another forum so I have her b/w action - she also has a matte action which is quite a bit different.

Too bad you don't have photoshop.... ;)

I have photoshop! But lr is so much easier!! Haha. She has presets/actions available? Are you on clickinmoms? Thats where I saw her blog ;). Maybe I should start using ps again, but it is so slow on my computer :(

Most reactions

Back