How is this done

SethAlbritton

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
blog-3970-copy-708x1024.jpg

THis is my little sisters photography. We compete for business, "I am winning", but she still has some techniques I would like to learn and of course she wont help me.

Does anyone know how to make the whites so over powering like in the pic above. What do you think she is doing in post processing.

I've been seeing this done more and more often lately, and I'm not sure how I feel about it. There are very few cases where it "works" and is more pleasing to the eye than a correctly exposed image, and most of the time it just hurts my eyes to look at.

Haha, cheater! It looks like a ton of light ( more than likely sun ) is entering the lens almost straight on... Thatll give you that desaturated kind of look.. Im sure someone else will chime in soon with a more in depth answer.

Find an area with a somewhat important range in contrast and over expose (as Mike said) the area that is bright. Doesnt work in all cases

Or...ask your sister.

Why? It doesn't look good. It's simply incorrect exposure.

I think this is a preference.

I see these type of shots more and more and depending on the composition and subject i really like them.

There is no correct or incorrect exposure, only the one you want to achieve the look and feel you desire.

I won't comment on the image, but there are a few elements in there that make it that I dont like the use of the pseudo high key in here (not even sure thats what you can call it), as the image is not the original poster's image.

Well that was simple. Thanks for help guys.

It's not my favorite effect, but I would like to throw it out there every once in a while. Like most said. I't not bad when done right. I don't think this pic is horrible, but it's not my favorite one.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back