How it got started...

Uselessdreamer1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
photobucket.com
This is a thread about what got you into photography. This was brought on by a conversation i had and i though it was interesting. I guess ill start...
I was first intrigued by photography when i saw the show Catlins Way on Nickeloden. (of all places) All i remember is she was a photographer( a young one) living with her aunt and uncle because her mom and dad died. This made me go out with a point and shoot and mess around(i dont think i ever devoloped those pics) I think i looked into a camera but they were expensive. Until recentally i forgot until i had a conversation with my girlfriend about what i might want for christmas she ask if id like a camera. I guess im artsite? HEH. So we went to explor and i went crazy and i bought one. thats where i am at the moment waiting for my camera from ebay... rather a person in New York. I cant wait to she what has been inside me the past 7 years!
How about you?

At school I was always torn between science and art. I could do both and loved both - but all my teachers thought I was nuts: you were either one or the other, not both.
I left school and started training as a scientist but after a couple of years got frustrated. So I became a graphic designer working for a friend. I decided to go to art college (most of my friends had been) but I discovered that the lecturers couldn't draw and were pretty unpleasant to everyone. One day I wandered down to photography. I found the staff and students were great and that photography was both art and science. That did it for me :)

Hertz,

You really do spend too much of your time here! You must've clocked up your posting rates within the space of 2 weeks ;)

Funny that though; none of my photography tutors in college were particularly aesthetically minded; they were practical people who could shoot weddings; who could do commercial set-ups but didn't really inspire artistic vision. I can't say Nickelodeon ever inspired me.....although my nephew panders to it like a hypnotic mantra. Useless Dreamer - hope the camera doesn't disappoint...thank goodness Ebay isn't the kind of place that existed when I started my career in photography - putting confidence in Ebay takes a lot of optimism!

Jamie R said:
Hertz,

You really do spend too much of your time here! You must've clocked up your posting rates within the space of 2 weeks ;)

Funny that though; none of my photography tutors in college were particularly aesthetically minded; they were practical people who could shoot weddings; who could do commercial set-ups but didn't really inspire artistic vision. I can't say Nickelodeon ever inspired me.....although my nephew panders to it like a hypnotic mantra. Useless Dreamer - hope the camera doesn't disappoint...thank goodness Ebay isn't the kind of place that existed when I started my career in photography - putting confidence in Ebay takes a lot of optimism!

Got nothing better to do at the moment as I'm recovering from a virus. But I'll shut up and go away if you like (I'm actually trying to be the fastest 1000 poster on the board ;-) )

Hi Hertz,

Hope you get well soon - does that mean your posting rates will treble!

360 and climbing - that's some virus!

Best wishes,

Jamie

Jamie R said:
Hi Hertz,

Hope you get well soon - does that mean your posting rates will treble!

360 and climbing - that's some virus!

Best wishes,

Jamie

I think it is called 'automatic writing'. Bit like sleepwalking but just my fingers move. I'm currently on my fourth novel.....
:D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back