How many filters do you have? How do you store them?

NikonME

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I read a post while browsing and one of the posters stated they have a dozen filters. I only have a few filters that I use, but this made me wonder how many filters the average photographer has/uses/carries around.

The next logical question is how you store them? I have a few, each are in the same plastic case they came in. The cases get scuffed up a bit over time from sharing a pocket in the camera bag, but the filters are safe. I have seen filter cases made of leather, with 4 pockets, but they do not offer and protection from scuffs or dust. I have found nothing better than what the filter come in.

I have a separate bag, okay, call it a fanny pack if you will, but it is designed for hiking, holding two bottles of water and necessary incidentals. Therr, I've said it, but it holds all my filters.

lmao @ fannypack, but seriously.. if it works and you can pull it off. :)

Note: My bowhunting pack is a belt with 6 or so pouches, a water bottle and one larger pouch directly behind me.. lol.. I suppose I shouldn't be laughing.. Of course if someone laughs at you, you can only take their picture. Me.. well I have a Bear Carnage with slick tricks on the end of an arrow. ;)

I have 2 that I carry in their original plastic cases... either in a compartment in a pack, or in my pocket, or in a pelican case with the camera, or sitting at home unused... depending on where and what I am shooting.

I have seven 67mms I carry in a pair of stack caps. I also have a 77mm B+W Ultra-Thin CPL that's in it's own case owing to it will not accept another filter or stack cap for lack of threads.

D7K_5907.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back