How many of you own the 35mm 1.8g & 50mm 1.8g?

That goes both ways.

That goes both ways.

Not really.

Buy refurbished. I would say based on your knowledge and skill level that I've had a bit more experience with buying photo equipment than you have at this point. Buying refurbished has never done me wrong and I'm positive others share the same experience.

We've all got our opinions. Have at it.

Agree, I buy used almost exclusively. Never had a problem with anything i bought from Keh or adorama, and they both give a reasonable time to return.

I only buy new.

It depends on the price difference. KEH has a great return policy and sells good stuff. So does adorama. I have a VIP membership and I think that I get a one year warranty on anything I get from them. I have to recheck but buying new or used doesn't ensure you get a good copy. It just means you paid more and can still end up with a dud either way.

I've bought almost all my equipment used or refurbished. Actually, I don't believe I own anything "new" in my current setup.

D600 was refurb'd, 24-70 open-box return, 70-300 from KEH, 85mm off CL, SB-700 refurb'd, YN560 used from a member here.

I only buy new.

It depends on the price difference. KEH has a great return policy and sells good stuff. So does adorama. I have a VIP membership and I think that I get a one year warranty on anything I get from them. I have to recheck but buying new or used doesn't ensure you get a good copy. It just means you paid more and can still end up with a dud either way.

All valid reasons. However, buying new will ensure that you get a lens that wasn't manhandled. You know exactly where it came from: chinese labour prison camps. So we're all of us where we want to be.

I only buy new.

All valid reasons. However, buying new will ensure that you get a lens that wasn't manhandled. You know exactly where it came from: chinese labour prison camps. So we're all of us where we want to be.
Buying new doesn't mean it's actually been inspected by a human either. A refurb item has been and assured to meet or exceed factory specs.

That's funny, for I only buy used. I get all of my gear used from Adorama or keh. All with warranties and long return windows.
Happy as a lark and saving hundreds and hundreds....

I've bought almost all my equipment used or refurbished. Actually, I don't believe I own anything "new" in my current setup.

D600 was refurb'd, 24-70 open-box return, 70-300 from KEH, 85mm off CL, SB-700 refurb'd, YN560 used from a member here.

I have several pieces of brand new equipment in my bag. Lets see. Microfiber cloth.. yup, bought that new. Hmm.. ink pen and small notepad - both new!. Chewing gum.. oh ya, definately went new on that one. Kleenex. Ya, absolutely - still new and sealed in the package.

Of course most everything else in the bag is used or refurbished, the camera thingy, the lens dealymabobs.. that flashy thingamajig.

I buy all my gear used. Except my Yongnuo flashes. You can't beat $50 for new flash.

I have both. Before I upgraded to FX the 35 rarely left my camera. The 50 was just a little too tight for our indoor space.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back