how much money

spyder

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hello, my friend needs a little advice from the photography community. she is having her 18 birthday, and has asked one of our mutual acquaintences to take pictures. he agreed. she does not know how much to pay him. she asked him and he said whatever (he probably didnt want to ask for alot since they are friends, but on the other hand it makes it difficult.) he is not a professional photographer, but he is into the hobby, and has done other similar events before. the party is about 5 hours long. any suggestions or estimates would be appreciated. thank you

origional idea was 50. its 10 dollars an hour. he is not a professional, and since he will know alot of people there (he is a year older and graduated) he will be socializing part of the time.

Unless hes heart set on making money i wouldnt charge anything until he gets very good.

its more like hes doing her a favor, so the money is more of a thank you instead of payment.

and he is definitely better than your average hobbyist. hell be using his d200 and a variety of lenses. i am lending him a sb600 and 50mm.

Equipment used is HARDLY a measure of skill.

50 bucks seems fair enough.

thanks for the feedback. i know equipment doesnt measure skill, i just wanted to let you know that he wasnt just a friend with a point and shoot.

i know him, and he is a good photographer. better than me skillwise, but thats not saying too much :)

Maybe he could do the time/shooting for free and then he could make a little $ off the pictures that she likes (if she likes them). That way, if the pics don't come out great, she won't feel screwed and he won't have to feel bad if he botches it. Everyone should agree beforehand what the pictures she wants would be worth so the birthday girl doesn't feel like she's the victim of extortion.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back