How much should I charge for my photos?

JbleezyJ

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jflophotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have 2 photos that are being exhibited at a Gallery in LA. They are 11''x14'' on fiber paper.

The gallery is asking me how much I want to list my photographs for. This is my first time ever being in a gallery I don't know what a good price or right price maybe for it. I spent $30 per photo getting it printed and shipped to the gallery. Also the gallery takes 40% of the sale.

I don't want to overcharge or undercharge considering there will be other artists work out there and I don't live in LA so I don't know what to do really. Any help would be appreciated. thanks.

ohh wow really? is that around the right price you normally see at galleries? I don't want my photo to be among all the rest and the most overpriced and people think I'm cocky or something haha.

ohh yeh actually it doesn't seem like much after the gallery commission haha.

Don't be too worried about your price being too high. Have confidence in your work and sell it for what you think it is worth. If someone likes it they WILL buy it as along as it's reasonable.

The gallery should be able to tell you what pricing works in their market for an 11x14, which is pretty small for a wall print.

How the work will be presented will have a bearing on what you can ask, price wise. Will the gallery be framing the work? Is it matted and wrapped?

I print an information sheet for every fine art print I offer. The info sheet has the title of the work, a description of the work, and any technical info that may apply.

As an example I will say something like: The print was made using the giclée printing process and is on Hahnemüle Fine Art Baryta 325 gsm paper. I include the date the print was made.

Good luck with the show

The gallery should be able to tell you what pricing works in their market for an 11x14, which is pretty small for a wall print.

How the work will be presented will have a bearing on what you can ask, price wise. Will the gallery be framing the work? Is it matted and wrapped?

I print an information sheet for every fine art print I offer. The info sheet has the title of the work, a description of the work, and any technical info that may apply.

As an example I will say something like: The print was made using the giclée printing process and is on Hahnemüle Fine Art Baryta 325 gsm paper. I include the date the print was made.

Good luck with the show

the gallery will be framing and matting the work it is printed on fiber paper. I guess I will just ask the gallery about the average pricing.

Most reactions

Back