How much would these fetch?

cal_gundert05

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I didn't want to post this in the Classifieds, because I really have nothing to sell (yet), and I figured this forum gets more views. :mrgreen:

Anyway, I've got a chance to buy some 35mm Nikon F4s and F5s (without lenses) for around $70 each ($50 + shipping). Now, I have no use for them, but was wondering if I could sell them.

So my question is, DO YOU THINK THERE'S STILL A DEMAND FOR THESE CAMERAS? DO YOU THINK A USED CAMERA STORE WOULD BE INTERESTED IN THESE, AND PAY MORE THAN WHATTHEY COST ME?

FYI, I can't inspect the cameras before buying them (they're out of state), but they're said to show signs of wear but be in working order without significant repair.

TBaraki said:
An F4/F5 for under a hundred bones? I'd be skeptical, to say the least.

Let's just say they have seen lots of use, but are still mechanically sound.

I think your best bet is to put them on auction on eBay WITH a reserve amount. You might be surprised how high an auction can go.

Actually, they're not mine. They were from a government auction site, and I just checked them again and realized that their condition is categorized as only having 3-6 months of shelf life left.

I just learned that the Canon 500mm lens that's going on auction next week is in even worse condition.

Nuts. :sad anim:

I would cetainly be interested in the site that you have found these. I don't know why they would say that they have only 3-6 month shelf life left. If they are mechanically sound, they should last a bit longer than that, even if they are banged up pretty good. I would be skeptical as well, but what the heck, $70.00 and a good CLA, you might just have some decent stuff for little money.

OK, the site is http://govliquidation.com

They've got surplus stuff at military bases all over the country, but you can arrange for shipping if you don't live nearby.

I recently found http://publicsurplus.com which sells stuff from all sorts of schools and state agencies in the US.

Most reactions

Back