How much would you charge to edit a photo?

Not just your time, but that does have value. So does all the time that goes into learning and practicing and developing skills to be able to produce professional quality work. That's what I think can be challenging in pricing creative work.

I started looking at the Crew site and it isn't a US based site (.co I've seen before and is apparently out of Colombia, then this site says Montreal...) - so it may not all be relevant for the market here.

The more I looked at their site the more I saw red flags. Things like no address, no phone number; only email, Skype, and a platform I never heard of. Things like the payment info. involving wire transfers, buyout fees of 20% or $5000 (which seems worse for project owners than members), and 'Protection' which means site users/members agree to Crew withholding money in varying amounts in a range up to 100% at their sole discretion. (I quit skimming/reading after the part about members don't get the interest on money Crew holds in 'commingled accounts' - and that's not even halfway thru the Terms.)

It probably would be better to find other resources on pricing.

I would suggest charge as much as possible and/or what the next customer is willing to pay ;)

Took 5 years of University to learn that haha.

I personally probably wouldn't do it. Not my MO. Offered enough and of course my MO can take a hike.

There was a Creative Live class I watched last week and they were talking about outsourcing but I cannot remember the name of the company sorry. They were just banging through photos, maybe 10 seconds each. I probably wouldnt suggest that either but they had an interesting business.

There was a Creative Live class I watched last week and they were talking about outsourcing but I cannot remember the name of the company sorry. They were just banging through photos, maybe 10 seconds each. I probably wouldnt suggest that either but they had an interesting business.
There have been posters on here who advertised their editing services. As I recall, their price was $1 per image. I presume those businesses are still in business.

So let's see...$1 every ten seconds. Taking an occasional break still grosses over $300 per hour. Not bad.

I downloaded portraitpro17 trial just to see. i spent maybe 2min in here?

upload_2017-9-29_17-9-0.png

I wouldn't buy it, even at like skin smoothing set to 1 of 100 its too much for my tastes...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back