How much would you charge to edit a photo?

DGMPhotography

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just curious what people's going rates are, for basic editing (adjustments, skin smoothing, making people skinnier).

I normally charge $35 per photo. Is that realistic?

I quoted that for a lady, and she insulted me, saying that was ridiculous... gotta love being in the arts.

You should have replied, "Well, ma'am, you ain't exactly a striking beauty............". j/k!

If it's part of the shoot, it's included in the image fee. If it's outside that, $125/hr, 1/4 hr minimum. $35 to do a full work-up on a digital file doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

Most people think photoshop jobs can be done in seconds or even automatically by the program. And never consider the cost of the computer equipment and the software. Let alone agree you should be paid a fair wage.

Charge by the hour. Some images take a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I was buying, and I never have for photo edits, I would prefer a fixed price. I get nervous with hourly charges that you control. I might accept an hourly charge if there was a maximum.

By the way, my way would satisfy you complaint about getting punished for doing a great job quickly. Maybe a minimum price with a not to exceed amount based on time. Let's say minimum $35 not to exceed $100 for special cloning or furnishing different final results based on what the buyer might be looking for. Something like that. By the way, the amounts I use are just guesses because I have no experience pricing these things or even buying them. I'm showing them to explain structure of pricing.

I'm not a professional, so I'm talking without experience but I would think it would depend on the amount of editing you had to do, and what you think your time is worth. Good quality editors on the level of graphic artists, I've heard make anywhere from $100 to $300 per hour. Wham, bam, LR basic edits on multiple images using the synch button could be profitable a $5/shot on 20 shots. More detailed editing either in LR or PS on individual photos might easily tie up a couple of hours.

you might find it worth it to talk to @e.rose , she started her own phot editing company to companion her shooting...

...I still think it's better to value your product, as opposed to just your time.
I do, that's why I will take as long as I need to get the image the way I want, and why, even if it only takes me five minutes, I'm maintaining a minimum value for my work.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back