How obsessed with photography are you?

Discussion in 'Photographic Discussions' started by Adadrian, Aug 28, 2019.

1. NGH

NGH TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    it's just a hobby... it's not important to me at all... no, not at all... Okay so I have more cameras than teeth. Okay so I've looked at some sort of photography website/forum/app several times today and it's not quite lunchtime..
    It's not a problem. I'm not obsessed. Nope.

Must get back to doing some work. ....hmm shall I use the Kodak or Ilford next time out?....

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. Tropicalmemories

Tropicalmemories No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    I think my obsession is with the images. I want to capture moments in time, before they are lost "like tears in the rain".

My cameras are just tools to achieve this aim.

I even took a camera on one of my first dates with the lady who would become my wife - and whenever I look at this simple snap, I can remember how I felt when looking over the table 10 years ago. I can also remember trying to only look into her eyes, and failing. :)

And when we're old, I hope we'll get pleasure viewing the images of our travels together, my attempts at glamour photography, and our many, many selfies.

2019-09-18_05-56-36.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  3. DanOstergren

DanOstergren Move, I'm Gay. Praise Satan. Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    I love it a lot, but I have to be careful not to get burnt out on it because I do it professionally. I find that having other hobbies helps me love photography even more by keeping it from taking over my life.

• Like Like x 2
  4. pocketshaver

pocketshaver TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    the only hobbies I have are going to work, trying to figure out a way to stay home from work, and designing houses in my head.

Playing with a camera is a really good thing. Getting a random photo off is really godly. Thankfully I have a rabbit family in the yard that like to come out late afternoon on the weekend when im home

5. NE-KID

NE-KID TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    When I got sick a long time ago I decided to take my pain and passion to photography. I started with a Nikon D5100 until I sold it and took some time away and got back in to photography few months ago when I bought my first Nikon D810 got a great deal on it since it was brand new.

6. Bear Dale

Bear Dale No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    How obsessed with photography are you?

In dollar value, I'll say what you Americans say in court "I'll take the 5th" !!!!!!!!!!!

7. johngpt

johngpt Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I can quit any time.
    Really.

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Sharpshooterr

Sharpshooterr TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Mostly I spend a lot of time thinking about Girls!
    After that I think about sex, drugs and rock & roll.
    After that my danged job takes priority for a big chunk of my days.
    But I do shoot a lot of my photography professionally but the good thing is that the only time I have to think about photography, is while I’m thinking about photography, otherwise I’d probably think about it all the time!!! LoL
    SS

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Sharpshooterr

Sharpshooterr TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    For your sake, I hope you have more than 2 cameras!!!
    SS

• Funny Funny x 4
  10. star camera company

star camera company TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I’m 94% collector and 6% photographer. I have a camera from my collection close by at all times. Like the gent with a .600 Westley Richards Double Barrel Elephant Gun...I don’t NEED to *USE* my gear to absolutely enjoy owning it. But the obsession level is the same. And I’m good with it

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. NGH

NGH TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Ha ha yes indeed I do and for the record I have two less teeth than I should have :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. patrickt

patrickt TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

I am older than most trees and started taking photos before zoom lens existed. Of course, earning $79 a month doing my military service I couldn't afford lens anyway. I can remember how excited I got when Tri-X arrived with ASA 400 and, whoo-hoo, the sky was the limit. And life went on. I had a nice little Durst enlarger and enjoyed darkroom work. Then I got married. I soon had a choice of taking photos or having sex and making the wrong choice I ended up with neither. And, life went on.

When I got divorced, older, and had a better income I started taking photos again and when I moved to Mexico I got a digital camera. I soon found I wasn't enjoying photography. I sat down and wrote out all the steps in my photography and ranked the steps from Most Important/Enjoyable to Least. Then, I kept a log on how I was spending my time.

I found that most of my time was being spent on the step I found the least enjoyable. So, I corrected and I love taking photos again.

Two years ago I put my camera in the closet with my lens collection and other paraphernalia. I was tired of toting all the stuff. I got a mirrorless camera and had three lens. I got tired of carrying that around and decided to see what I could do with a phone camera. Since I'm hard of hearing I'd never got a cell phone.

I think the phone techology is amazing, the editing programs are awesome, and I'm having fun again.

• Like Like x 1