How old can a little kid shoot a DSLR?

Seriously??? Yes, it is definitely too young.

Did Tiger Wood play golf when he was a toddler?:allteeth:

1) A toddler is not the same as a 2-month old baby.
2) A toddler is still too young to know what to do with a DSLR.
3) I know next to nothing about Tiger Woods but even if he was learning how to play golf as a toddler, swinging a metal stick at a little ball is not the same as operating a DSLR on manual.

You've got many years to go before you have to worry about getting your nephew a camera. And when you do, don't start with a DSLR.

I said I was kidding. It is not like I'm going brainwash this little guy in photography. Just get him started. If he doesn't like it, he can try something else.

But what part were you kidding about? The 2-month old part or the dslr part? I never said anything about brainwashing, but simply that a dslr is total overkill for anyone who isn't old enough, or who doesn't even know if he or she likes photography.

And so I repeat: wait until the kid is at least 8 or so and start with a point and shoot, not a dslr.

But what part were you kidding about? The 2-month old part or the dslr part? I never said anything about brainwashing, but simply that a dslr is total overkill for anyone who isn't old enough, or who doesn't even know if he or she likes photography.

And so I repeat: wait until the kid is at least 8 or so and start with a point and shoot, not a dslr.

Welcome to the Photography Indoctrination Center. Timmy, we've looked over the last few shots you took and frankly, your composition was dreadful.

I'm sorry, but you're going to have to spend a few days in the box.

Seriously??? Yes, it is definitely too young.

Did Tiger Wood play golf when he was a toddler?:allteeth:

1) A toddler is not the same as a 2-month old baby.
2) A toddler is still too young to know what to do with a DSLR.
3) I know next to nothing about Tiger Woods but even if he was learning how to play golf as a toddler, swinging a metal stick at a little ball is not the same as operating a DSLR on manual.

You've got many years to go before you have to worry about getting your nephew a camera. And when you do, don't start with a DSLR.

I said I was kidding. It is not like I'm going brainwash this little guy in photography. Just get him started. If he doesn't like it, he can try something else.

I was joking about buying a rebel camera for my 2 month old newphew. I'm not really buying it right now. I was thinking some cheap film camera that I can buy at Babies R Us. Just relax.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Seriously, how old can a kid smart enough to learn how to use full manual?
I know people in their 30s and 40s that can't handle full manual.

I gave my kid my old Minolta X300 to play with ... she's 1 year old and just holds it and then puts it down. She sees daddy with his camera and maybe one day will simulate pressing buttons ... then she'll be hooked ;)

I sat on the floor with my year old grandson and he moved my 1Dx around with the 17-24 and pushed the button, the images are sharp and if I cropped them up, people would be hard pressed to know that they were shot by I year old. He has business cards now and will be launching a new web site where he just shoots adults, not interested in maternity or babies, there are enough amateurs doing that.

I sat on the floor with my year old grandson and he moved my 1Dx around with the 17-24 and pushed the button, the images are sharp and if I cropped them up, people would be hard pressed to know that they were shot by I year old. He has business cards now and will be launching a new web site where he just shoots adults, not interested in maternity or babies, there are enough amateurs doing that.

I've got a 4 year old nephew that just graduated from the Google institute of internet law if he needs any legal advice.

I never underestimate the power of humans to amaze annoy me with their actions.

FIFY.

"Amaze" and "annoy" are many times synonymous. Especially if you have kids. Or spend time on interwebz forums.

Most reactions

Back