How should I process this??

I must admit that I am confused.

Typically when people say that they want to 'edit' a picture, they want to improve it in some way.
This is clearly not what you had in mind.

Perhaps in the future, rather than asking to 'edit' the picture, you state exactly what you'd like done to the picture.
That will clarify things for the rest of us, who are happy to help.

As far as something for the 'Imperfect' theme, I think you've got it.

Yeah, next time I will be more specific in my post.

Thank you for the feedback, however, I need some help processing the picture. I need to make it look as good as possible for something I'm doing. All I'm asking for is a little help processing the picture. Can someone help me?? Thank you!!

If your using a pc just use right click delete should work a treat

There's always a wise-ass in the group! LOL John

Thank you for the feedback, however, I need some help processing the picture. I need to make it look as good as possible for something I'm doing. All I'm asking for is a little help processing the picture. Can someone help me?? Thank you!!

Yep! That's what I said.:thumbup:

Get down off your high horse's ass and help Tami with her photo -- geez! She didn't ask for C&C.

Joe

P.S. It's not a tree!

Well, I'm confused. You want your image to be imperfect, yet you want editing help to make it better?
Is the image itself suposed to represent imperfection, or the subject matter in your photo?

*scratches head*

What's his name JOHN

For crying out loud....Yes, I know the picture sucks. I was using it for a 52 week challenge I'm involved in. I'm new to photography and this was a picture I wanted to use as an example of the many imperfect pictures I take since the theme was imperfection. Is that so wrong?? I'm not whining because you don't like my picture. I could care less..I just wanted to get a little help and it turns into this huge ordeal. In hind sight I should have just used the SOOC image and avoided all this drama!! Live and learn.

I have a question for you, but before I ask, please know that I really am curious, and not being (entirely) a smartass.

The theme was imperfection, and you say that's why you used this, because it's an imperfect photograph. Why this photo? If many/all of your photos are imperfect, why this one?

The thing about those challenges... it's almost always quantity over quality. I think you should think more about the concept of the photo. There are a lot of different ways to illustrate imperfection (I've thought of a handful just typing this) than just using a bad/boring image. I think you can do better than choosing an imperfect photo (most photos are!).

For crying out loud....Yes, I know the picture sucks. I was using it for a 52 week challenge I'm involved in. I'm new to photography and this was a picture I wanted to use as an example of the many imperfect pictures I take since the theme was imperfection. Is that so wrong?? I'm not whining because you don't like my picture. I could care less..I just wanted to get a little help and it turns into this huge ordeal. In hind sight I should have just used the SOOC image and avoided all this drama!! Live and learn.

I have a question for you, but before I ask, please know that I really am curious, and not being (entirely) a smartass.

The theme was imperfection, and you say that's why you used this, because it's an imperfect photograph. Why this photo? If many/all of your photos are imperfect, why this one?

The thing about those challenges... it's almost always quantity over quality. I think you should think more about the concept of the photo. There are a lot of different ways to illustrate imperfection (I've thought of a handful just typing this) than just using a bad/boring image. I think you can do better than choosing an imperfect photo (most photos are!).

Just what i am thinking, it's a cop out, no thought put into the shot

Well, I'm confused. You want your image to be imperfect, yet you want editing help to make it better?
Is the image itself suposed to represent imperfection, or the subject matter in your photo?

*scratches head*

That's what I said.

Why not this photo? It is my choice, right...Do I need to get approval from anyone?? No.. I submit a photo each week and the photo has to be taken that week. I had a busy week with my job and school and couldn't get out to get any more shots, so I'm using this picture because it's imperfect in the way I shot it. I don't know what else I can say... I'm keeping my goal of submitting a photo a week. I do what I can between work, kids and grad school.. I'm not sure why this is going on and on and on...

*scratches head*

The subject matter and the way I shot it..

Please don't get defensive. I did say I wasn't asking to be a pain. I really wanted to know.

No, you don't need our approval (or anyone's, for that matter). I was just curious as to why you picked this. IMHO, it seems uninspired.

I think for most people (like you and me... juggling kids, a career, and school), those challenges are a waste of time. I've done one (for about 3 weeks) before I realized I was sacrificing image quality just so I could get a picture in.

This is just a suggestion, so please take it at face value: have you thought of coming up with your own themes? Maybe one a month? Then you have time to take all kinds of different photos, and figure out what you like best. A day, a week... not enough time to fully develop a concept and produce an image that shows that concept clearly.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back