What's new

How to achieve this BW effect

It looks like around an 85mm lens was used, shot at f/3.5 or so, with the plane of best focus on her front shoulder...converted image to B&W...it's basically a shallow depth of field shot. Not "everything" is in good focus, and it's got odd focus...as if maybe there was some blurring added in post. Her hand looks like it might have been artificially blurred, to me at least.
 
I m not sure what lens but I would think f2.8-f3.5 in post using the curves grave the dark point and raise it up. This will give it that washed out look.
 
Do you mean the midtones or contrast levels? There's also some grain in the second photo you linked to.
 
Yep
 
I believe its just converted to BW and adjusting curves nothing more maybe adding some gain like in the second picture. Probably using light room to do this.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom