How to achieve this "intense concert"-look?

MonarkenOfficial

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
You've probably seen these all over the internet, usually at band pages!

It looks like the original photo was kind of "dead", the motion coming from all of these light effects somehow extracted from certain details in the shot..

Also the contrast settings are kind of interesting (at least to me) - is it just "lots" or is there some special setting?

Lastly, do you think a picture like this demands an original shot with a hard flash, or can this be achieved with any hi res source?

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hpho...5123116_163116568115_8672593_1321017042_n.jpg

Looks to me like the photographer used a flash and a longer exposure in one single picture.

If it weren't for the reflections in the glass in front of the mixing board I'd have guessed second curtain flash, however then you wouldn't have 2 clean, clear, sharp images of the guy in the mask that way either. You'd have one clear shot of him and one blurred motion. So my guess is also that it is multiple exposures blended too.

Just looked at it again and it does look like a couple of exposures blended. I didn't notice it was the same guy in two different poses.

thanks for the answers! what about those light trails? custom brushes or something?

That to me just looks like a semi long exposure with no flash blended with the other photos.

I would have thought they were a reflection on the glass in front of the mixing board

That's not a band. That's a DJ. (can we please all speak the same english?)

And I have no idea what is so intense for you in there. I just see a multiple exposure image.

Frankly, go out there, wave your camera around often enough and you'll probably get one of those.

That's not a band. That's a DJ. (can we please all speak the same english?)

And I have no idea what is so intense for you in there. I just see a multiple exposure image.

I thought this too.. until I examined the clothing closely.

one shot.. with a light show going on (the reflections).. and some silly light painting, maybe? What do you think?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back