How to add interest?

monkeykoder

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
crop.jpg

How would I make the object in this picture more interesting?

Bonus points if you can give me the name of the object and what is most likely inside.

Beer brewing is not pretty. You would get better interest in the shots of you cooking it and putting the stuff in the carboy.

PS I have some red wine clarifying in a glass carboy right now. I need to bottle it soon. Next I will so some champagne. Then some more beer.

Brewing beer isn't pretty? I stare at that airlock for HOURS.

Lucky you and your keggerator I still have to BOTTLE!

p1010012.jpg

Is this perspective any better?

You need to get a kegerator or at least plumb an old refrigerator. It makes beer brewing so much more enjoyable.

move in close and fill the frame... bump up the contrast and mess with the curves to add color intrest, your 2nd image view from above is better

Want to make it more interesting? I would recommend moving the beer jug somewhere else... anywhere else.

That flash also isn't helping you any. Its casting the sharp shadows of a snapshot. Maybe bring in some extra lights, fill the frame, don't use the camera's flash, and add a tripod (so you can get away with no flash).

Can someone show me what it would look like with the color messed with?

Well, this is just ONE way of "messing" with the photo and its colours, of course. The possibilities are endless here, though I am not sure you can make a boring photo more interesting like that? It's only for FUN ...

crop_playedit.jpg

And when will the contents be ready?
That is going to be even MORE fun then, when you start drinking what you've been brewing, eh? Any name for your home brew?

crop.jpg

How would I make the object in this picture more interesting?

Bonus points if you can give me the name of the object and what is most likely inside.

oh i thought it was wine, my dad makes his own and we have this things all over. as for more interesting i think the photo could use some brightenting and since the brewing process isnt the prettiest thing, i thing you should take that aspect and run with it. ya know? make it as gross as you can. i also enjoy pictures that you have to look at for a while before you firgure out what it is. also there seems to be a lot of negative space on the left side, so i would add something there...maybe some bottles with different variations of beer levels, or empty bottles, or center the picture. just some ideas tho. nice job tho, this is an interesting subject to photo

It's glass, so lighting of course.

Most reactions

Back