How To Fix Nikon D7000 Focus Problem

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello everyone i had a shoot this weekend and I'm very upset my D7000 was making the family out of focus and when i put the pictures up on the computer the family was really not clear in focus but the focus points were on the family when i was taking the shot i believe this has something to do with the focus problem that the d7000 has if someone can please help me out i also promised the family i would do the photo shoot over this weekend coming up at no extra charge since my camera was not acting the way i wanted it to act.

Body=Nikon D7000
Lens Used= Sigma 17-50mm f2.8

Thank you All
BCordeiro Photography

Post some photos

I don't know how to fix it
But I would test the camera by selecting things to focus on at various distances to see how it reacts. That would give alot more information of what could be wrong.

i will post some photos later on in the day i was really upset with the camera i wanted to smash it lol

i will post some photos later on in the day i was really upset with the camera i wanted to smash it lol

A lot of the time it's user error. It would be hard to to say without you testing it or posting photos. I had an issue with missing focus but mine was a sigma 50 and back focused like hell.

I have a d7000 too, so I'm always interested when other d7000 users have issues.
I assume it worked fine until this time.

have you tried reattaching the lens?

Get a D7100 the D7000 is well know for focus problems I had one and got rid of it for a D7100 no more issues and no more always diddling with focus adjustments. I don't own any 3rd party lenses only Nikons so I can't comment on 3rd party lens problems. Only my opinion folks !

astronikon i know someone who owns a d7000 and they fixed the focus problem but they cant remember how they fixed it I took out the lens i reattached it i also had the camera cleaned out before this photoshoot lol i have a cousin who owns a D7100 body maybe i will ask him to let me use it so i can redo the photo shoot.

Before I shoot anything I actually do focusing tests. I focus up close, far, in between, in darker shades etc. just to test everything out.

Check the cleanliness of each lens and the sensor.

If someone cleaned the camera out before hand, and you didn't use it at all until the shoot, I wonder if something is amiss from it.

maybe i'm going to compare it today with my cousin D7100 to see if it is the lens or the body.

Without seeing a picture and having any useful info (camera settings, EXIF.. etc) I'm going to say... User error.

Have you ever used this camera before?
Have you tested the camera out on a focus chart?
Have you tried a different lens?

how do i get the chart so i can test it out thank you so much for the video Msteelio91. im going to test this out when i get home today.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back