how to get a whole picture clear?

bumpylemon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok i see on models mayhem and even here a whole picture being very clear and no blurryness or grain. is my d3100 capable of that?is there a setting i am missing. everything i use is in my signature. i have some pretty good lenses. so im confused. do i just need a better camera?

180472_561111192119_60801179_32368633_1814069_n.jpg

this one doesnt seem bad. maybe it does to you guys though. but i look at some people and im like my camera should do that. over 1400 dollars worth of equipment and lights...is that to much to ask?

What were your settings? It could be any number of things.

You may have missed focus... it looks to me like the kid's fist might actually be the sharpest part of the photo, although it's hard for me to tell.

Or your shutter speed might be too slow and you have a little camera shake keeping your images from being sharp...

Or maybe someone has entirely different suggestions that are better than mine. :lol:

i shot on A. i used autofocus. um 1/60 f 4.0 iso 100 flashpoint 320m was used. 85mm f/3.5

im shooting in a single point selective mode. should i not be?

you need to re-read the last three words of your signature, without that; everything listed above is worthless, no matter how much you spend.

You photo is out of focus. It is not your cameras fault.

p!nK

i shot on A. i used autofocus. um 1/60 f 4.0 iso 100 flashpoint 320m was used. 85mm f/3.5

im shooting in a single point selective mode. should i not be?

Choosing your own point is fine... but the problem I see right away is depending on what lens you were using and what focal length you shot at... 1/60 is way too slow... meaning you probably have camera shake happening making it look soft.

What was your focal length?

you need to re-read the last three words of your signature, without that; everything listed above is worthless, no matter how much you spend.

p!nK

well thats what i was wondering. so i ask though....what is the point of auto focus...if well....it doesnt focus?

so i acknowledge i need practice...then ask what i may be doing wrong...then you tell me practice.. hahah. should i keep practicing something im doing wrong then? or ask and maybe figure out how to correct what im doing wrong

Just!n

p!nK

well thats what i was wondering. so i ask though....what is the point of auto focus...if well....it doesnt focus?

It did focus. As e......rose stated, the focal plane is right at the childs hand.

I always use single point AF on my D90. For this photo, I would have placed my AF point on the womans eye, half pressed to lock in focus, recomposed the shot how I wanted and released the shutter.

Again. You need more PRACTICE.

p!nK

but is there a way to get the whole picture in focus? i see plenty of shots online where EVERYTHING is in focus...or seem to be. how is that accomplished

but is there a way to get the whole picture in focus? i see plenty of shots online where EVERYTHING is in focus...or seem to be. how is that accomplished

A smaller aperture (higher f-stop number).

Last edited:

f/22 and a lot of light.

p!nK

you will either need ALOT of light or a tripod and some REALLY still subjects... higher f stop number will increase the depth of field and make things more clear (that ARENT original focus points) but with the side effect of slowing down the shutter speed. Then you could bump the iso up some but have the issue of increased noise... you could EASILY go up to iso 400, possibly even 800...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back