How to keep going

vivdub

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi Guys,

I have a small problem and want your suggestions on it.
I am not a pro, neither have close to pro equipment.
Currently I have T1i and collecting other stuff with time, like speedlight, softboxes etc.

I like to take portraits, but don't have any clients for now, neither my friends are in my city.

So how to practice ?
If not portrait, what else can I do/practice alone. ?

Some of my work is here.
V-Photos

Thanks

I am not big on portrait, but i know that some photographers and models work on TFP (Time for Print) basis. This means that they do a photo shoot together and both of them get the photos. I would try to google for FTP websites, maybe you can find models that need practice and are willing to work with you.

I am not big on portrait, but i know that some photographers and models work on TFP (Time for Print) basis. This means that they do a photo shoot together and both of them get the photos. I would try to google for FTP websites, maybe you can find models that need practice and are willing to work with you.

Whoa I'm also interested in this. How well are the websites though? I need to get out there and practice as well! Hope I'm only adding to the post not stealing.

Sent from my iPhone using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

TFP - Trade For Print.
Will model for you in trade for prints of the photo session.

TFP - Trade For Print.
Will model for you in trade for prints of the photo session.

Has been mostly supplanted by TFCD, Trade for CD of Images... or TFDVD...trade for DVD of image files. If you reach out, through Instagram or Facebook, you can easily find people who will model in exchange for images, or for "the experience".

You already seem to have the basics down, so you should be able to post some images on Facebook, and get some people in front of your camera. Tell friends, family, co-workers that you are a photographer, and tell/ask them to get the word out to others.

Thanks for this.
I did tried a quick search, looks like not many options available in my city. (india, lucknow)

You already seem to have the basics down, so you should be able to post some images on Facebook, and get some people in front of your camera. Tell friends, family, co-workers that you are a photographer, and tell/ask them to get the word out to others.

Yeah I am trying that, also created event on event site, looks like they aren't interested in such a shoot :)
A lots of credit to my progress goes to this site and you.
I posted my first pic here and you replied after that few more.

Thanks for this.
I did tried a quick search, looks like not many options available in my city. (india, lucknow)
Offer to shoot school portraits ...?

You can also practice how to light non-people; still lifes of flowers, fruits and vegetables, wine bottles, glassware, baskets, hosehold goods, dinner tables with cooked meals arranged in bowls and on plates, etc.. Light is light, and learning how to photograph other things will help you when it comes time to put people in front of your lights. PLUS, you can also develop a portfolio of othere types of images as you practice and refine your craft.

Yeah I am trying that, also created event on event site, looks like they aren't interested in such a shoot :)
A lots of credit to my progress goes to this site and you.
I posted my first pic here and you replied after that few more.
Ok will think on this one

You can also practice how to light non-people; still lifes of flowers, fruits and vegetables, wine bottles, glassware, baskets, hosehold goods, dinner tables with cooked meals arranged in bowls and on plates, etc.. Light is light, and learning how to photograph other things will help you when it comes time to put people in front of your lights. PLUS, you can also develop a portfolio of othere types of images as you practice and refine your craft.

Yeah , this looks good.
I have taken some decent images of flowers, and will try others.
Thanks

I have a friend down in Jalgaon, he mostly does landscape shots and pictures of his wife and kids. What I do know from talking to him is that there is no lack of people for photographing in India.

I checked for Lucknow and one of your beauty queens is available for TFP work:
Sukhmani

I have a friend down in Jalgaon, he mostly does landscape shots and pictures of his wife and kids. What I do know from talking to him is that there is no lack of people for photographing in India.

I checked for Lucknow and one of your beauty queens is available for TFP work:
Sukhmani

Yeah, see what her public profile page says! A good example, similar to those one finds on ModelMayhem dot com for aspiring models who WANT to do TFP or TFCD shoots. "
★ Assignment with Creative Photographers
★ Assignment for Fashion Brands
★ Product Endorsement
★ Keen to be a runway model / Fashion Shows
★ Portfolio build up projects with Photographers & MUA
(Available to work with photographers and make-up artist on TFP)

As a model I would be Interested in working for experimental / creative concept shoot.

Dance, Music, Acting, Modeling, Reading, Surfing, Sports, Puzzles, Hiking, Swiming.

CONTACT INFO
a9L2wNZai3M.png

@Sukhmane
wLlG5cEEIuu.png

[email protected]
"

Ask your pretty friends to model for you - that's how I started. Or strangers if you don't have friends in town. Just be professional about it.

After that, check out ModelMayhem.

Watch Youtube videos on posing and lighting, and feel free to print out reference photos and poses.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back