How to look and act like a real photographer (?)

I don't even know how "real" photographers act. :D
Here's one...
funny_looking_photographers_640_26.jpg

Here's another....
ken_rockwell.jpg

You might try emulating one of them.

Isn't number two the guy from Quantum Leap

Is this a troll post or do you really want to look like someone else?
If its the former, good one you got a lot of bites, if its the latter, I'd go for this look:
Ernst-Leitz-oskar.jpg

Or this:
opioneers_zeiss.jpg

If I can get professional quality photos WITHOUT looking like a professional that would suit me best.
Looking like a professional makes you a target for thieves & increases the chances of being hassled by security etc. Having professional looking gear can in some places get people insisting you need a permit, even when you're NOT a pro. and only photographing for pleasure.

If I can get professional quality photos WITHOUT looking like a professional that would suit me best.
Looking like a professional makes you a target for thieves & increases the chances of being hassled by security etc. Having professional looking gear can in some places get people insisting you need a permit, even when you're NOT a pro. and only photographing for pleasure.
I had this happen to me at a National Park once. Had my 20D and a 75-300mm lens and the Park Ranger insisted I was a pro since I had "a nice expensive camera" because "normal people don't use those types of cameras". She kept asking to see my permit and I kept telling her I was in vacation with my family and was no where near good enough to make any money off my photos.

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

I don't even know how "real" photographers act. :D
Here's one...
funny_looking_photographers_640_26.jpg

Here's another....
ken_rockwell.jpg

You might try emulating one of them.

Isn't number two the guy from Quantum Leap
lol No, it's the captain from 'Enterprise' :)

Ken is possibly the internet's biggest beggar. He wants cash, equipment, checks, your old car, your kids labor for his cause. An extra room in your basement where he and his family can stay a few nights for free. Anything you might have of value. He has more toys than most people and wants you to buy him more. He reminds me of the guys that hang around on the freeway exits with cardboard signs.
Please Help KenRockwell.com
My opinion only.

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses. No this wasn't a "troll" post I really did want to know if walking around with camera on monopod would be weird. I don't get out in public much. I did order a hat so I will hopefully blend in a little better. I do have a camera strap but I really want to just keep the camera on the monopod for stability when shooting.

Yeah, I'm thinking the first guy will be a God to all the "What printer so I can print photos at a ********* show" people.

I've seen 70 year old men walk around in speedos and bikini tops. Grown women wearing cat ears and fairy wings in nice restaurants. College age kids with their pants around their knees. Buskers wearing nothing more than a guitar. A man with a turtle on a leash. Another wearing a rubber boot on his head carrying an enormous toothbrush... and the list goes on. Next time you feel silly carrying a camera and monopod, think of those folks.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back