How to protect people from scanning your work

Hello all,
I am very new to all of this. My problem is, how do photographer protect people from scanning photos?
I have already had this happen. They buy a couple photos, scan and reprint so they do not need to purchase anymore from me.
How do other photographer prevent people from just buying a few photos and scanning to make packages for themselves?
Any help would be appreciated.
I am so frustrated!
Textured prints help, they don't produce very good copies if scanned.

That usually means having accesss to a pro lab like Miller's Professional Imaging or H&H.

agree on this. we mount and texture all our prints to prevent this from happening

If they can't scan it, they'll just take a picture of it and print that. I've seen lots of people do that...

edit
I think the only real way you could stop it from happening is to not have cheap clients.

On a related note, I would be mighty pissed if I ordered prints and someone gave me textured ones.

I think you just need to get over the fact that inevitably, someone will duplicate your work in some way that you don't get paid for. Try to work around that in other ways, as others have suggested, like having a less print-centric business model.

Most reactions

Back