How to protect the screen?

taskoni

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Sorry for the stupid question but...
I am wondering is it out there another way to protect the screen on my Olympus e-420 besides the stickies they sell everywhere. I have trouble reading the screen with the sticky on and shoot some out of focus most of the time now :(
Any help greatly appreciated!
P.S.
Will google too but I hope somebody will chime in with the solution.

Many thanks in advance.
Regards,
b.

I am not a big fan of any screen protectors. You probably won't use your camera longer than a few years. Even if you get some minor schratches on the LCD, does it really matter? If you manage to keep the LCD of your mobile phone in a good shape (you do, right?), why should you worry about the camera? Out of the two, your Olympus is pobably the one you care more about. Just look after it, like you always do with a dslr, because there are parts you should be much more concerned about.

Thay make a bulky glass thing for the Canons, so I could see one for yours too...but I don't think its a great option.

Sorry for the stupid question but...
I am wondering is it out there another way to protect the screen on my Olympus e-420 besides the stickies they sell everywhere. I have trouble reading the screen with the sticky on and shoot some out of focus most of the time now :(
Any help greatly appreciated!
P.S.
Will google too but I hope somebody will chime in with the solution.

Many thanks in advance.
Regards,
b.

I bought a glass Giottos AEGIS Pro LCD Screen Protector for my Canon 50D. It went on easily and provides excellent protection. It has a bunch of terrific reviews at bhphotovideo.com.

It's got 12 Layer Anti-Reflective Coating and is very thin. They are made for both specific cameras and in several generic sizes. They don't cost much and are definitely worth it. There are no more worries about scratches or gouges and I don't have to exercise a lot of care when cleaning it. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Thank you for the replies and advices. I will buy the Giottos AEGIS Pro LCD Screen Protector first thing tomorrow. Thanks again!
Regards,
b.

You don't need any screen protectors. Your camera will be fine. Your DSLR will be outdated before your screen gets dirty. Trust me, you do not want a screen protector! A total waste of money. A camera isn't forever.

I bought my camera off trade me and its still got the sticky thing on the screen! i cant even notice it (Didnt even knoe it was on there until a coupke of days later!!) im not taking it off too :D

I bought a really crystal clear screen protector that I think was for a black berry. no bubbles or anything like that, think it was 5 sheets for 12 bucks? not 100% sure...

Most reactions

Back