how to take photos similar to this?

ph0toe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
How can i get my photos to turn out like this

Imgur

A pack of cigarettes is a start. Add in two 20-something men, each one wearing eyeglasses or sunglasses. Light the cigarettes. Scream "Action! ".And begin shooting. Within 5 minutes you will have what you need.

A pack of cigarettes is a start. Add in two 20-something men, each one wearing eyeglasses or sunglasses. Light the cigarettes. Scream "Action! ".And begin shooting. Within 5 minutes you will have what you need.

Don't forget to bring a camera.

And a lens.

And either some film or a memory card.

Definitely heed Sparky's advice... a camera and a lens will make your photo shoot go so much more smoothly, and film or a memory card, depending on the type of camera you select, will ensure that you have more than just memories from your photo shoot.

Definitely heed Sparky's advice... a camera and a lens will make your photo shoot go so much more smoothly, and film or a memory card, depending on the type of camera you select, will ensure that you have more than just memories from your photo shoot.
I don't think he needs any of that....., It was probably taken with the new iPhone using a color film filter, a softening filter and adding in fake Bokeh!!! LoL
SS

how to shoot with a camera and lens and i am unable to replicate that shot.. what is the setting . usually?

Use a larger aperture or longer lens to put everything out of focus.

how to shoot with a camera and lens and i am unable to replicate that shot.. what is the setting . usually?

It's likely a pre-set filter used to process the image after it's taken. It may be in whatever app the shooter uses. Maybe in the phone, maybe on a computer.

how do i get a pre-filler? rather, how do i make a pre-filler that is attractive across all photos in photoshop?

There is no usual setting, there are too many variables. Anyone can give you a set of numbers, but they are worthless to you.

Have you tried a similar shot? What worked and what did not work? What do you like or dislike about your shot? What settings did you use to get that shot?

I generally just fiddle with the blue curve to get a 'vintage' look.

39187-1575918010-8c3ca5b0a410003b37ad02c5d2178395.jpg

It is not clear what you mean by photos that look like the one you linked to, which is a rather low resolution photo. It looks like a lens from 50 to 105 mm, somewhere in there. I think the photo was probably shot Stopped down to f/8 or so, as is shown in the fairly-recognizable background. It could have been shot on any of 250 different camera models either micro 4/3, or aps-c, or full frame. It is not a particularly difficult shot. It is mostly about location and the models and the clothes and the smoking of cigarettes. The post-processing does not look particularly challenging or advanced, and as I said earlier, the photo you linked to is rather low in resolution. I do not think it was shot with a phone, but it might have been shot in portrait mode with a phone, or had radial blur applied to the background areas.

It is not clear what you mean by photos that look like the one you linked to, which is a rather low resolution photo. It looks like a lens from 50 to 105 mm, somewhere in there. I think the photo was probably shot Stopped down to f/8 or so, as is shown in the fairly-recognizable background. It could have been shot on any of 250 different camera models either micro 4/3, or aps-c, or full frame. It is not a particularly difficult shot. It is mostly about location and the models and the clothes and the smoking of cigarettes. The post-processing does not look particularly challenging or advanced, and as I said earlier, the photo you linked to is rather low in resolution. I do not think it was shot with a phone, but it might have been shot in portrait mode with a phone, or had radial blur applied to the background areas.

I may be a novice when it comes to telling a good image from a bad. That picture struck out to me because it reminds of a scene in a movie. The color chosen- everything from the stairs leading up the house and the choice of clothing on the subject just complimented well. It drew my eyes directly to the image without anything distracting. I guess, on the wider scheme of things i would love to capture a cinematic (crispy) shot and be able to do something similar with my own unique take on it.

What makes that image good to you? what could use improvements? do you need a dslr ? will iphone do?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back