How to "turn on" stadium lights in photoshop?

This requires a plugin (Topaz Star Effect). There are a ton of variations to get the look you want.

i-dj7jVfv.jpg

Too me, anything you do with the lights will distract from the subject. The pole is not straight, as indicated previously; the "lights" will distract from the subject, particularly due to lighting and the tilt of the pole, and you actually have two light poles to deal with. I would crop them out, which would focus more on the actual subject, particularly since you have some nice cloud background that is more interesting than the light poles.

SM.jpg

Something like this. It is just a rough edit in Paintshop Pro.

Or another suggestion would be to clone out the light, pole everything. Then take a picture of a light pole from the side. Bring it in on a new layer on the right side so it looks like it could be providing light for the subject.

Actually I like the idea and 480sparky's Ps work. If you notice his right leg up through his body is nearly the reverse of the angle of the lights. Also have to remember the client may not be so critical lights being Ps'd. And may just like it knowing full well it was Ps'd.

Yeah, I'm not really interested in this shot without the light pole. The distortion and surreal feeling is what I was going for... wouldn't have used an 11-16 for the shot if I wanted straight lines.

I have about 3 dozen really nice normal shots without the light pole from this shoot, so photoshopping it out doesn't make much sense.

Thanks for the help from those who have actually answered my question.

Ben Willmores Ps class is free this weekend at Creative Live! It is really in depth.

Im going to check out the Topaz plugin when I get time looks interesting.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back