How was yesterday for you?

Lisa B

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My son and I went to this pond yesterday and he was more interested in jumping off of EVERYTHING he could find while not skimming stones and chasing geese!

l_660b290d074862c61635b731a6512c2d.jpg

l_9f4c068982b5598d411c4a299f2a8338.jpg

What did you get up to yesterday?

I had a pretty chilled out day until the evening...

i went to work.
my car wouldnt start when i came out from the bagel shop on my lunch break.
got it towed to a mechanics shop near my house. they fixed the alternator but they gave me a death sentence for my blue beast :( (connecting pin knock)
i then went to a dinner event at my mom's home.
exercised.
edited photos.

Watched some fool driving a minivan (luckily in the other lane heading the opposite direction) who had 2 mattresses strapped to his roof.... with 1 bungee cord. Very entertaining as the cord snapped as he went by and whoosh, mattresses all over a busy road. No one hurt, but what an eejit!

And then just many boring hours of work trying to to get caught reading tpf.

i spent 13 hours in work, then came home and went to bed. very exciting stuff...

Absolutely terrible. I have been working nights on concrete pours, and I got a call yesterday morning from my wife...my finished basement was flooded with about 3 inches of water. It has pretty much been raining on and off around here for the past couple of months, so the ground is already saturated. The night before we had storms move in that dumped about 5.5" of rain in twelve hours. We live on a hill, so I always thought "flood....yeah, only if the river rises 200'." Well, the water was coming downhill so fast that it collected on the uphill sides of houses, coming in through the foundations. All of my neighbors have the same problem, with an older guy up the street, who has been in his house for nearly 45 years, stating that he had never seen anything like it.

So, how was my day yesterday....very long....:confused:

Hey, you asked....:lol:

A The night before we had storms move in that dumped about 5.5" of rain in twelve hours. We live on a hill, so I always thought "flood....yeah, only if the river rises 200'." Well, the water was coming downhill so fast that it collected on the uphill sides of houses, coming in through the foundations. All of my neighbors have the same problem, with an older guy up the street, who has been in his house for nearly 45 years, stating that he had never seen anything like it.
Thats awful, my inlaws are just above dayton and my hubby is visiting there at the moment-this weather is nasty, sorry to hear about your basement

I was very lazy :(
I got up walked the neighbors dog, I do this every day for us as as she is elderly,
Spring cleaned the kitchen
my friend came around-she recently had jaw surgery and has her jaw wired shut, so spent time watching tv and I talked alot and she wrote down everything she wanted to say
Spent the evening freaking out about the severe weather and thunderstorms and went to bed at 1-which was way too late!!!!!

I have waited 16 years for the Pittsburgh Penguins to be in the Stanley Cup finals again.

Last night, they lost to Detroit. How was my day, disappointing, that's how it was.... :(

Though, the better team definitely did win. They romped all over Pittsburgh.... :(

yesterday was .....
18-TFR1EBpng.gif

Speaking of jumping off everything, I believe there is a cult or something that goes around cities jumping off things and climbing things. I saw it on the first episode of E:60, which is one of ESPN's new shows but I can't remember what its called.

So, yeah, that was random.

(WDodd, it's called Parkour, and I'd hardly call it a 'cult'. It is awesome though :p)

Went to work (Making video games if fun!)
Went to the gym
Practiced my clarinet
GUITAR HERO!

Yesterday... hmm worked... then walked home in the rain... got me a kebab and edited some pics.
not much special really... ow i bought a reflector. silver gold.

Speaking of jumping off everything, I believe there is a cult or something that goes around cities jumping off things and climbing things. I saw it on the first episode of E:60, which is one of ESPN's new shows but I can't remember what its called.

So, yeah, that was random.

Thats base jumping, isn't it?

Hmmm went to my photography class in the morning than stayed in all day because it was rainy. :(

Most reactions

New Topics

Back