The Passing of a Son

Unfortunately, there are no words that will make the healing process any easier, but know in your heart you did everything you could to help him follow a better path. You didn't fail him nor did he fail himself; he just couldn't do any different. I watched this with my father and brother. It sucks, man does it suck. Sorry!
Thank you!

Just over a week ago, my son Daniel passed unexpectedly. He was 30 years old. For the past fifteen years he struggled with mental health and addiction (they go hand in hand), and he lost that battle. I had to break into the bathroom and pull him out into the hallway so that we could administer CPR while waiting on the paramedics. Now I am collecting my thoughts and my memories of him. Hug those around you, and walk with those who struggle through life, because even if they are a mess, they need people to be there with them. I will miss Daniel greatly but I know that he is now free of his pain and is in a much better place. Rest in peace, Daniel; you will be always in my heart.
I am so sorry to hear about your loss.

We lost my brother suddenly, when I was 14. He was misdiagnosed with mono, when he had meningitis. Long story, but I do know what your going through, in a way. I watched my parents go through what you are now, unfortunately experiencing. Tough stuff, indeed.

One of my buddies lost his daughter at 6 to a brain tumour. I was the godfather. I remember what he went through, as well.

Words fail here. Prayers you, your son, and your whole family. Terrible thing to have to experience.

Stay strong. One day at a time...

Pax.

We lost my brother suddenly, when I was 14. He was misdiagnosed with mono, when he had meningitis. Long story, but I do know what your going through, in a way. I watched my parents go through what you are now, unfortunately experiencing. Tough stuff, indeed.

One of my buddies lost his daughter at 6 to a brain tumour. I was the godfather. I remember what he went through, as well.

Words fail here. Prayers you, your son, and your whole family. Terrible thing to have to experience.

Stay strong. One day at a time...

Pax.
Thank you! Yes, one day at a time.

I recently lost my brother just after Christmas and I can feel your pain. My heart and prayers go out to you in your time of suffering and pain. Tbe wound will heal, but there will always be a scar.

Jeff.......Your always so happy and so kind on the forum.....Perhaps this is your escape....I would of never guessed what you were dealing with, what you are going through...... From day one I have considered you a wonderful guy.....This is beyond simple words Jeff. I hope you won't mind if I add you into my prayers and I am sorry for being at a loss for words or anything reassuring to say. ☹️

Rest yourself well.

I am so sorry for your loss......... so very sorry... there are no words really to comfort you but i hope that you find peace within........

I have missed this post as well mainly due to a similar (but not drug related) death in our family which involved a youngster on the phone saying he couldn't wake his 47 year old father sat in an arm chair. A massive heart attack. It is devastating news Jeff. A sense of loss goes hand in hand with a feeling of waste. My thoughts are with you.

I recently lost my brother just after Christmas and I can feel your pain. My heart and prayers go out to you in your time of suffering and pain. Tbe wound will heal, but there will always be a scar.
Thank you! Sorry for your loss. Yes, it heals, and yes there is always that hole there, but as we reconcile ourselves with what has happened, and we think back on the good memories, it gets less painful with the passing of each day and month.

Jeff.......Your always so happy and so kind on the forum.....Perhaps this is your escape....I would of never guessed what you were dealing with, what you are going through...... From day one I have considered you a wonderful guy.....This is beyond simple words Jeff. I hope you won't mind if I add you into my prayers and I am sorry for being at a loss for words or anything reassuring to say. ☹️
Thank you!

I have missed this post as well mainly due to a similar (but not drug related) death in our family which involved a youngster on the phone saying he couldn't wake his 47 year old father sat in an arm chair. A massive heart attack. It is devastating news Jeff. A sense of loss goes hand in hand with a feeling of waste. My thoughts are with you.
Thank you! Sorry for your loss.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back