What's new

How would you edit this image? Multnomah Falls

Joined
Jul 14, 2011
Messages
4,173
Reaction score
2,551
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here is the original:


IMG_4187.jpg


Here's a shot at it tone mapped, but I highly dislike it.
Waterunderthebridgev1.jpg


Have a go at it if you want!

Also I realize the highlights are a little blown at the top which doesn't help matters.
 
what do you dislike about it? the edit seems great to me. I like how it brings out the shadows and texture of the cliff.
 
Have to agree the edited shot looks wonderful.
 
thanks guys not thrilled with it. Just looking for different interpretations.

People have vastly different approaches to PP so I was curious to see what others would do with it.
 
The original is a little washed out, probably due to haze. The edit perhaps goes a little further than necessary in altering that. If you backed off a little you might have it just right.
 
Have a go at it if you want!

Here's is my take, hope you like:

Someoneelsesphoto.jpg


Multnomah Falls is as beautiful as it is difficult to shoot. I spent a full hour there a couple years ago and don't have anything to show for it. You did good.
 
Have a go at it if you want!

Here's is my take, hope you like:

Someoneelsesphoto.jpg


Multnomah Falls is as beautiful as it is difficult to shoot. I spent a full hour there a couple years ago and don't have anything to show for it. You did good.

I like this version. Thanks for taking the time to render a different version.

Here's another shot I took the same day.

BridgeWaterfall.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom