How would YOU edit this in CS6?

Here I did this quickly. Easy to do and took me less than 5 mins. I used a stock photo (that I bought) and tried to "fix" it.

$BA.jpg

You can go to the Filter Gallery and play around with different effects. It is a lot fun. BTW, what breed is your dog?

She is a cane corso puppy! (Aka an Italian mastiff)

She is 8 months old now and has lots of growing ahead of her!!

Take a purposely crappy photo of yourself and then try to correct it. Things like fixing hot spots, blemishes and wrinkles are all great skills to have. Look into high and low pass smoothing and sharpening. Also check out things like clone stamping, blending, opacity, and blending modes.[/QUOTE]

I do have plenty of these. I will look into all of the tools you mentioned. Thanks.

Darken the bone slightly, yep. Try to pull a little more detail in it.

Put a very light vignette on it. You should not be able to see the vignette, unless you compare with/without versions side by side.

Thanks!

I started out practicing on basic editing: Exposure, Contrast, highlights, shadows, colors, and brightness.

It's really simple. Anyhow, I'm assuming you know how to open a photo CS6.

Click on Images Tab > Adjustments. From there you can adjust all of the above mentioned basic edits. Now you can target specific individual areas such as the dog or the back ground wall by selecting the area with the Quick Select Tool. I use this when I JUST want to lighten up the foreground of a landscape photo for example. You just quick the Quick select tool and outline what you want selected. This can be a pain sometimes. Once selected, moves to edit the photo will only happen inside the selecting area. When you're finished, right click on control and click deselect (Mac user).

I am used to working in aperture for all of these basic things. I mostly got photoshop for the things I CANT do in aperture. is there a reason to learn to do these in PS? Are the results for the basics "better" than the results that I would get if I stick with aperture for my main editing?

obviously selecting in PS is definitely something I need to get familiar with, I'm just referring to the basics- exposure, sharpening, burning and dodging??? Does anyone know?[/QUOTE]

Ok, I'm not sure what you can and can't do with Aperture.

Anyhow, I wasn't sure where to go with your photo but I wanted to play around with the Oil Paint feature of CS6. So this is what I came up with. I first adjusted the carpet in the lower right corner using the Clone tool. Then I did some basic adjustments to the dog and the rest with the oil paint tool. My goal was more realistic but you can get nutty with this tool.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back