How would you take this?

Juice

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.chaosjourney.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I wanted to do a picture of my car in front of my house, and this is the only angle I ended up liking. Unfortunately, I can't move the driveway, so this is really all I have to work with. What do you think?

Mustang005.jpg

I'm sorry, but I just don't see how you could pull this one off. The house and car in one photo are just too distracting, I have no idea which is the subject. Personally, I'd just take the car our somewhere nice and do a shoot for it rather than trying to cram so much into one photo.

I like the picture of the car and the picture of the house for that matter. Just not together.

I think I would have shot it from a higher vantage point. I'm not sure though, I'd have to see how it looked through the camera. I might have played with the depth of field some to isolate either the car or the house and see how that worked to.

longer lens shot from further away to 'compress' and a higher viewpoint like SCraig mentioned. ;)

Turn the car wheel further to the right too

yeah, looking at your exif you shot it at 24mm....makes it look like the car is a mile away from the house. go 100+ ;)

It looks like that house is tiny... definitely take the advice above^^ the house is just to much for the photo! You need a more neutral background! Or at least less obtrusive

Pull the car further out of the driveway so you get a side profile or at least less frontal and more side?

The proportions are way off. Either the car had too many steriods, or the house belongs to Barbie.

Step back, and use a longer lens.

Let us put this way..OP wants to include the house and the car in a single frame...that cannot be questioned...now comes the next question, how to do that most successfully

Actually i like the composition.... ;)

I really appreciate the suggestion by Trever1T

Regards :D

The Mustang is an iconic car and the house is better exposed than the car which is making it compete more. I agree about more distance between the two subjects. It would be nice to see more detail on the car including the mustang badge on the front grille.

Wow, thank you for all of the responses!

I suppose I will just have to scrap the idea. Directly behind where I had the camera is an inaccessible hill, so that is as far back as I could go (which means no zoom).

I'll try the higher vantage point and shallower DOF, just to see.

Thanks again!

Most reactions

Back