Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Did this happen?!
This is not a multiple exposure.

2484551401_05902eef37.jpg

did you have a filter on your lens? I was getting strange reflections the other night while using a cheap UV filter on my lens. took the filter off and problem was fixed

Did your lens have a UV filter? This could be a ghost image caused by reflection from poorly or uncoated lens elements or filters.

Yeah, after developing the negs, a few of the shots of this same structure thing all looked the same. This was the most drastic. I thought it was interesting and i was kind of wondering how it happened.

It was shot with a Pentax K1000 equipped with a SMC 50mm f/2 (fully open at f/2) loaded with fresh T-Max P3200 shot at 3200, if that's any help.

EDIT: Yeah, there probably was a UV filter on it. Interesting.

That's a new one on me.

There was nothing else between you and the subject? Like a window?

I don't see how a filter would cause that unless (maybe) if it were mounted
incorrectly, at an angle.

I can only guess that the subject was a bright enough light source to cause
an internal reflection within your lens or between the film itself and the lens.

The only thing I could think of is that the light from the subject reflected from some surface inside the camera, possibly from the film itself, bounced from the rear element of the lens, inverted and rexposed the film. Just a guess.

Some lenses do this even without an IR filter. It's called ghosting and is a form of lens flare.

I didn't have an IR filter, and the image was pretty bright. I was outside, and right under it. Only thing I could think of would be the UV filter, mounted correctly, which I usually always have in front of the 50mm.

Most reactions

Back