How'd you shoot this?

erb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

This is my first post so hope it's in the right place!!!!

I was wondering what setting you would use to take a picture like this.. obviously without the website gold banner at the top...

I am using a Nixon D300..

Regards
ERB

Last edited by a moderator:
If you do not own the image please post a link as it is against forum rules to post a picture not yours.

Thanks

"What settings" to use depends entirely on the lighting of the scene, as well as how fast the waiter is moving. There is no one, single "Waiter moving in a restaurant" setting. ISO could be anywhere. Shutter speed may be 1/30, 1/15, 1/8, 1/4, 1/2. Aperture can be f/2.8, 4, 5.6, 8, 11....... Not to mention how to set white balance.

The only setting I can positively recommend is setting the camera on a tripod.

The best way to determine "what setting" to use is to learn & understand the Exposure Triangle instead of trying to simply parrot someone else' work.

Tripod and a long exposure. Probably around 1/2 a second. Use shutter priority, set up for half a second. The camera might complain about overexposure at this point, in which case dial the ISO down. If that doesn't work, some on back, there's more stuff you can do but it involves buying things.

There's also some interesting stuff in the setup of this picture. Note that there's another person out of frame to the left.

Most reactions

Back