Howdy!

T4TURBO

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi there, my name is Jo i'm from the chicagoland area.
i've been into photography for about 1 and a half years now.
in my opinion i'm still a new b compared to what some ppl do, so i wanna know what you guys think, any comments or critques are welcome!

number 1

padreehijo.jpg

number 2

DSCF2058v2.jpg

am.jpg

DSCF0544v2.jpg

DSCF8546.jpg

DSCF9382.jpg

number 27

DSCF9380small.jpg

Last edited:
WOW...

Wwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayy too many shots.

We need an introductory message that gets sent to new people to warn them about this.

I would highly advise ripping this post down to a max of 2-3 pics within a general theme. Ideally, 1.

In general, I personally think your post-processing edits are a bit heavy-handed... it's a style, just not one I personally care for.

The lighthouse shot is VERY nice. Nice colors. Might be nice to not have it quite so centered vertically, but I think it works regardless. Nice underground hallway-thing, too.

Welcome to TPF!

ahh didn't think about that....ok i tried scaling back a bit. thanks!

Last edited:
I am definitely not qualified to critique your technique or compositions...but I did want to take the time to tell you that your lighthouse picture is absolutely gorgeous.

I'm curious to know what kind of camera you use, and if the noise is from post processing or if it's from a high ISO or something?

I am definitely not qualified to critique your technique or compositions...but I did want to take the time to tell you that your lighthouse picture is absolutely gorgeous.

Thank you very much, i took it on a boat tour in chicago last summer:D

I'm curious to know what kind of camera you use, and if the noise is from post processing or if it's from a high ISO or something?

i have a fujifilm s5700.....yeah yeah i know, hardly an amazing camera, its not really even a real slr, but hey, its captured some pretty good pictures, the noise actually is from the post pro. i almost always shoot with the lowest ISO (64) to avoid noise from the camera, but for some pictures i like the effect.

nice pictures. i agree with manaheim that some seem to be heavy pp for my tastes but it really depends on what the photographer was going for ( in my opinon) so it doesn't really matter.

i also like the light house one. the color of the sky (maybe enhanced) is awsome. i thnink it would have been really cool if it was perfectly centered with the wake from the boat your on (if you understand that)
it would be a real formal look. like if it was identical looking on either side.

i also like the piano shot. maybe a slightly different angle(lower maybe) would have made it more catchy.

greats stuff.

Gian

i'll come from the other side of the fence...
as a huge fan of heavy PP, i think these pics are very stylized, and i like them.

i think #2 is my fave. the comment you'll likely get most for that one is "way too many blow outs", but i think with this image it works and the vignetting adds to the effect.

keep shooting!

Most reactions

Back