How's Your Color Vision?

59. grr well its 2 in the am and im in a dark living room. will try again sometime hah

3, on a crappy TN display, and I mucked-up on the blue-greens, where this display is worst, so I don't think I did too shabby at all. Yay!

Wooohooo!!! I got a 3. My kids always say I'm color blind. Turns out It's just bad fashion sense. Somehow I fell vindicated and just a little embarrased at the same time

Vince

I managed a 6 on my laptop in this coffee shop. My problem area was the blue/greens aswell. Thanks for the test. Going to try it at home on my other monitor aswell. Amazing scoring a 0. Super eyes you have!

I accept with information: people such as myself are blaming their crap colour vision on their monitors and a well calibrated monitor will make the job easier.

I scored a 4. The blue/purple screwed me.

I scored a 4. The blue/purple screwed me.

Yup, like the rest of us. On top of a crappy display, blues are where the eye is least sensitive. So it's no wonder many of us bork that area. :lol:

Be concerned if you completely bork the greens though. O.O

Where are my dyschromatic brothers? We're supposed to be about 7% of American males, not sure about proportion in other parts of the world. Interesting, I wonder if there are fewer of us here, on a photography forum - limited color discrimination could naturally select against this hobby. It seems very dependent on time of day and ambient light. I scored 205 last night, improved to 58 today. Wondering about an implicit learning effect on this too.
Anyone else who scored relatively poorly, don't feel bad. It's a variation that is so common it's generally considered normal. They may not let us fly planes, but I'm not sure what their cut-offs are. What is also interesting is that in spite of the dismal score on this, day to day life is generally not affected. I had no idea I had reduced color discrimination until I saw Ishihara plates for the first time.

Perfect zero. Something I don't get though...it says best score for my age range is "-4" but if perfect is zero, how can there be a negative?

Yeah, I got a 0 too and it said best score was -4 when I checked too :scratch:

Yeah, that -4 is strange. Some kind of glitch, I guess. Mine says:
Based on your information, below is how your score compares to those of others with similar demographic information.

• Your score: 0
  • Age range: 50-59
  • Best score for your gender and age range: 0
  • Highest score for your gender and age range: 1520

1. Obtain a test for color blindness online (See Reference 1.). Color-blindness tests are available for free on the internet, and although they should not be the ultimate diagnosis, it can give you an idea if you think you or someone you know could be colorblind.

2. Read the corresponding questions on the online test and view the patterned pictures. Most color blindness tests are a series of pictures with multiple colors and patterns popping out through a background of another color. Refer to the answer key to see if you found all the shapes and patterns, or you can have a friend quiz you. Online tests can be taken in your home by viewing the pictures on the computer screen.

3. Take note of which answers you get wrong, if any. These may be colors that you have trouble seeing.

4. Bring the subject and the test results to an ophthalmologist. The doctor can further confirm the test results, give another test if necessary, and make an official diagnosis.

I have crap vision and a crap monitor and I need new glasses and all you kids need to get off my lawn.

Now.

Got a perfect 0 on my 2005/2006-era Toshiba laptop in a room lit by a two-bulb ceiling fan with incandescents ... and fingerprints all over my screen ... This was interesting, going to pass it on to a few people.

Based on your information, below is how your score compares to those of others with similar demographic information.

• Your score: 0
  • Age range: 20-29
  • Best score for your gender and age range: -4
  • Highest score for your gender and age range: 1520

Most reactions

New Topics

Back