Test Your Color IQ

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I found this deceptively simple and evil test to check your ability to determine color variations. Test Your Color IQ: X-Rite Photo & Video . The lower your score the more you are able to determine slight variations in a color gradient. The first time I scored really low, tried it a second time and lost a few points. In my case the concentration level was making my eyes cross LOL

should I be worried about my score?

test1.jpg

should I be worried about my score?

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! I scored a 4 the first time, took again to see if I could get to zero, and ended up with a 29, I decided to leave it alone after that.!!!!

I've taken it several times and got 100% each time. I have decent color acuity but if it's beyond about 2 feet it's out of focus (without glasses).

I'll take my 4, they were all together in the turquoise.

I just looked at the test and started getting a headache.

@Dave442 the turquoise I had problems with for some reason. @Braineack if they were all in the "Citrus Orange" range I could have beaten your score:biglaugh:

Quality of your monitor also comes into play with this. Some screens show colours better than others, esp if they are calibrated as opposed to the super high satiation and contrast most ship with.

There's also an element of taking your time; if you do it quick you'll score worse than if you take your time and shift things around some. A fair bit is moving things so that you can better see the variations in colour as they relate to each other (you need to see the relation to each other since otherwise the colours can blend a bit since your brain adapts to it a bit)

Quality of your monitor also comes into play with this. Some screens show colours better than others, esp if they are calibrated as opposed to the super high satiation and contrast most ship with.

There's also an element of taking your time; if you do it quick you'll score worse than if you take your time and shift things around some. A fair bit is moving things so that you can better see the variations in colour as they relate to each other (you need to see the relation to each other since otherwise the colours can blend a bit since your brain adapts to it a bit)

It also helps to enlarge the test on your screen so the squares are bigger rather than smaller.

Joe

color_score.jpg

Spending about 5 minutes on it using my MBP Retina I got a 20.

I'm positive I could do better with more time and a fresh calibration on my external monitor at home. Though I have always failed to pick up on the color nuances that others notice, so I doubt I could do perfect.

My father was colorblind. When he was in the navy, he tried for flight crew -- um, no.

Most reactions

Back