Test Your Color IQ

so, what's the point of this stupid test anyway?? Am I going to be forced to shoot B&W or something? Hate tests :chargrined:

Last edited:
I took the test and got a 7, which was disappointing....then I found out that lower is better... I dunno what it proves, if anything, other than it gives the testing company a vehicle to hawk their color-calibration wares...
Color test Score_Derrel.jpg

I can see now that I submitted my results too hastily...I can see the boo-boos now. iMac, uncalibrated as heck...

Uncalibrated, unplugged in MBP. It is early, my 6 month old is crawling all over me, and my ADHD is not compatible with tasks like this, so I did it in like 3 minutes.

Screen Shot 2018-03-07 at 5.59.56 AM.png

I'm not surprised it was on the last row, haha.

Pix, you're s'ppos'd to take you Ozzy Osbourne shades off before you do the test.

Online ColorIQ Challenge Results
Your score: 15
FM Hue Test Results
A lower score is better, with ZERO being the perfect score. The bars above show the regions of the color spectrum where hue discrimination is low.
To see how your results compare to those of others, please provide the information below.
Age Range:

@Derrel and @ceemac it's nothing but an exercise to test your ability to determine the subtle differences in color. Many people don't understand colour blindness they assume a total lack of color awareness when in reality it's more of a little bit here and there. According to one site I read it's worse in men, like 1 in 12 to 1 in 200 for women.

@JonA_CT I'm not sure how scientific the test, but I took it a few times yesterday. My lowest score of 4 was like you, early morning after I'd just woke up. My highest score was 40 late last night before bed, which leads me to believe that fatigue has a bearing on it as well.

@Derrel and @ceemac it's nothing but an exercise to test your ability to determine the subtle differences in color. Many people don't understand colour blindness they assume a total lack of color awareness when in reality it's more of a little bit here and there. According to one site I read it's worse in men, like 1 in 12 to 1 in 200 for women.

Yeah...most color blindness is a sex-linked genetic trait. It's typically carried on the X chromosome, so if the mother is a carrier, their male children will also be color blind. The reason it's much less common in women is because both the mother and the father would have to be a carrier in order for the child to be affected.

My best bud is red-green color blind. It sucks...he wanted to work towards being a rescue swimmer in the Coast Guard, but he failed the first physical. Evidently, those colors are important in aviation and in maritime adventures. He had to settle for being an EMT, working as a ski patroller, and river guiding (with all of the swift water rescue certs you can get).

Fatigue, lighting, how long you focus on it, stress, screen etc.... There's a wide variety of effects that can influence your score. Chances are that provided you pay attention to it your scores will land roughly in the same ballpark area of scoring.

that said based on the test - yeah - Pix you've gotta shoot black and white only now ;)

guess I better get that silver efex program, or whatever its called

I don't want to be colour blind. I want to be perfect, Smoke

I got an 8. Did better than I thought, actually. Color is usually a bit of a mind**** for me.

Fun test!! Thought I did pretty good till I started looking at the scores from everyone else... Hmm.. Must be my monitor LOL

I got an 11....the wife got a perfect score.....I am so screwed next time we paint the house!

Not working on my iPad.

I'll assume that I am perfect.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back