HP Photosmart D7360 Printer

ANDS!

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I don't see too many Photo Printer reviews here, and figured it was a component of photography for more than a few people here so -

I just picked up this printer and all I can say is - "Wow". I had actually been looking for a photo-printer, so that I could start creating a personal portfolio of sorts (digging through links online, and webspace to find a photo and having someone view it on a monitor just seemed so impersonal) to show off some of the photo's I've taken, and possibly create a photolog of my traveling as a gift for my mom's birthday. I really hadn't been SERIOUS though about plunking down the cash for one, and was actually looking at Canon PIXMA's (not the high-end, the 1800 series). I just happened to be trolling The 'List (as we call it in our office), and saw some guy selling a D7360 for 100 bucks. Checked out some reviews, and figured "why not" - grabbed the sucker.

All I can say is for a non-pro printer, this thing has blown me away. The guy had it for about two months, still has a Best Buy warranty, was presumably kept in a commercial environment and came with tons of photo-paper (300 4X6's, a near full pack of 5X7's, and I think about 20-30 sheets of 8.5X11's). We plugged it in at work, and were sending off some test photos; while you cant get the 12second 4X6's unless you jack the quality down, prints in about 20 seconds is still fine by me.

For me, who is a hobbyist at best - this thing is killer. The photo's come out super nice and rich, no desaturation/over-saturation (as some have said online). The B&W's I printed out were nice, so long as you go for maximum quality on those - you'll get black black's, white white's and everything in between.

It was a good feeling being able to take my stuff around and show people who had been poking me forever for "those Japan pictures".

Definitely recommend if anyone was in the hunt for a high-quality consumner photo-printer (it does do text documents, but sheesh keep your old printer for that).

I just can't get my head around the concept that you work in an office where people bager you to see your images.... My lot run away when I walk in and have to be pinned to a wall (sometimes with large metal spikes), Of course thay used to close their eyes at this point , but super glue works really well at keeping eyelids open.....

I don't suppose that anyone out there knows a way of preventing victims (Sorry, co-workers) from singing Lah ! Lah ! Lah! very loudly while I am trying to tell them which apperture I was using at the time and why?

Having been an Epson user for many years (Since the days of really fast 286s) I now have the HP D7160 and am likewise impressed...

Ha - everyone always bugs me to see what "Ive taken lately". But I work with state employee's so that means a lot of depressed people in their late 30's early 40's.

I got the same printer--7360--last Saturday. I took it to the races to sell pictures there. People couldn't tell the difference between a 4x6 print, and a 4x6 that's been developed. (except for the obvious HP on the back of the printed ones)

Very happy... it prints in about 30 seconds at whatever quality was default. Very impressed. Picked it up brand new for $109 at Circuit City.

not a comment on this printer specifically, however, a while ago we won a printer somewhere's. It was a cheap HP one, worth around 30-40$. We didnt really need it, we already had a printer, so we just left it in the box. I ran out of coloured ink one day, opened up the box and set it up, and was blown away by the quality that it produced! Unfortunately, the printer didn't last too long... something broke inside, and the ink catridges could'nt move side to side, and that was the end of it. Still a decent printer considering how cheap it was.

Very happy... it prints in about 30 seconds at whatever quality was default.

When I hooked it up and printed through PhotoShop - it set it to Best.

I printed off a couple of 8.5X11's and man. . .just gorgeous. But whew - it takes a lil bit to send all that info to the printer, and the thing takes about 2-3MINUTES to print the photo, but it is most definitely worth it when it pops out. I gave a print to a co-worker who liked one of the 4X6's we printed, and he loves it. If you're only doing alot of 4X6's - thing is a snap and fast.

Most reactions

Back