Huckleberry in a Tree

CowboysDaughter

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ranch-kiddo.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Huckleberry, a not-quite-one-year-old outdoor cat. Last fall during cattle works one of our day hands, G.R, found two shrieking baby kittens in our oil pit [which was clean for the most part, no oil in there atleast]. They were about 4 weeks old, skinny and scared to pieces. I waited a day but the Mama never did go back to them, so we tried to save them. One of the two, which was very thin and screamed terribly, died very soon. I bottlefed Huckleberry and kept him on the porch and we nursed him back to health, then he became one of our many outdoor cats. He is SO full of personality; what a suckup. He loves to be held and to cuddle, is always purring, just has as much character as a cat can.

Here he is up in the tree; no editing except for the border and resizing. I like to think I'm an advancing photographer, not editor. These would probably be better if his fur was whitened, but I still enjoy these shots. C&C welcome!

Huckleberry--72008-007c.jpg

Huckleberry--72008-008c.jpg

These shots are great. I have two cats and getting a decent shot of either of them is not my strong suit ... I do have some great blurs though.

I agree that they could be improved a bit if the cat's fur was brighter, but they do show the personality. Good captures.

Oh it can certainly be difficult. Luckily for me, my indoor cat (Zoey) is pretty dang lazy, so I can get some decent ones, and can snap some of the outdoor cats in their calm moments. As far as at play however, that can be difficult.

Thanks for your comment and kind words!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back