The story of Hickok.....the cat

The wife!

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'll stick this here in off topic since its so long but every great photo has a story behind it. This one was taken with my cell but is too good not to share. Hopefully those checking the forum over a fresh brewed cup of coffee won't spit it out laughing or worse burn some nostril hairs off.

So a few years ago I though it would be a good idea to add a cat to our 2 person, 2 dog home. The dogs had been expose to the oddness of cats before while my parents were staying with us. Our Aussie mix loves cat's, she usually tries and lick them. Not a taste test lick and actual kiss lick. The lab is OK with a cat as long as he does not have to share food or bones.

A friend had a littler of kittens and smokey now known as Hickok. Named after Ben's favorite Hickok45 the youtube gun guy. He is usually called "Cat" and will react to that, cat came to live with us. At first he was a cute fuzz ball and seamed like everything was OK. He loved to clime and cuddle with the dogs.

As he got older we noticed some odd things and took him to the vet. His tongue hung out a lot and eyes would shake and be wide eyed and cross and he played fetch better than the lab. He would also get sores on his lip form licking things too much. The vet enplaned he has some autoimmune disease and neurological issues, after a long pause I explained "He's our special little guy and we love him anyways." This happens every freaking time we go to a vet's office and see someone new.

Fast forward a few years the friend and my Jeep girls were over for dinner. Hickok was not use to having a lot of new people around and would come running in the kitchen see new people and come to a sliding skid on the wood floor. Once stopped he would look us all over wide eyed with a WTF look on his face and tongue hanging out and run back out once he finally got traction. After this happened several times and us yelling surprises when he would come sliding in and after a few drinks the friend we got Hickok from let it slip his parents were siblings.

What more can I say.......He's our special little guy and we love him anyways!
14358671_10209842245709195_1930027256461681406_n.jpg

Last edited:
Awww, sweet kitty! :586: I had one that was cross-eyed, had a crooked tail, three legs, and an Elvis sneer after he had to have a tooth removed. I've got a soft spot for the 'special' kitties and their humans :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back