What's new

Humbled and Miniscule--My Astro Attempt

I only do a bit of processing of my night photos in LR- white balance, lens corrections, sharpening, etc. And then bring them over to photoshop to really do most of the work. Here is a video I learned a lot from


That video is really helpful and pack full of information! I had basically given up on any sort of astrophotography simply because I thought there was too much light pollution in my area. After watching his video though it has made me realize that my location is actually not bad at all. It also reaffirms that just having a great camera and knowing how to use it is only one part of the equation for producing beautiful images and that the post processing is just as important.
Thanks so much for posting that up!:thumbyo::thumbyo:
 
I only do a bit of processing of my night photos in LR- white balance, lens corrections, sharpening, etc. And then bring them over to photoshop to really do most of the work. Here is a video I learned a lot from


That video is really helpful and pack full of information! I had basically given up on any sort of astrophotography simply because I thought there was too much light pollution in my area. After watching his video though it has made me realize that my location is actually not bad at all. It also reaffirms that just having a great camera and knowing how to use it is only one part of the equation for producing beautiful images and that the post processing is just as important.
Thanks so much for posting that up!:thumbyo::thumbyo:


It was definitely helpful.
 
very nice. It's easy to do (I'm most certainly guilty) of overprocessing and going hard on the curve adjustments. Nice work man.


Could have really used the 2.8 or lower though!

That's why I keep talking up having a wide angle with a wide aperture!

The wider the angle the longer your shutter speed can be too.

I think I might get that 20mm f1.8. I really want to try it for stuff like this.
 
very nice. It's easy to do (I'm most certainly guilty) of overprocessing and going hard on the curve adjustments. Nice work man.


Could have really used the 2.8 or lower though!

That's why I keep talking up having a wide angle with a wide aperture!

The wider the angle the longer your shutter speed can be too.

I think I might get that 20mm f1.8. I really want to try it for stuff like this.

But one shoot out of 500 doesn't warrant such a specialized lens... For me, at least
 
Beautiful image!! And fantastic video. Thanks so much for sharing!! :icon_thumleft:
 
I only do a bit of processing of my night photos in LR- white balance, lens corrections, sharpening, etc. And then bring them over to photoshop to really do most of the work. Here is a video I learned a lot from


Great video!! Thanks so much for sharing.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom