Hummingbird at Feeder

Hey jeff, very pretty. ;)

Very nice capture but just not a b&w subject, IMO.

Never would have thought of B&W for these flying jewels but it works, as stated already concetrates on the form more than the colours 👍

Agree with the other comments. Minus the visual distraction of these jewel-like birds, it's the perfect shutter speed as well as the good composition that rule here. I love the slight blur from the wings here. It's just enough.

I actually think the B&W elevates this particular shot. Glad you decided to have a play with it!

Agree with the other comments. Minus the visual distraction of these jewel-like birds, it's the perfect shutter speed as well as the good composition that rule here. I love the slight blur from the wings here. It's just enough.

I actually think the B&W elevates this particular shot. Glad you decided to have a play with it!
Thank you! This one was taken at 1/2000 and still blurred. When I was first processing the image, it said to me that it would look good in B&W, and I like the result.

Wow - even 1/2000 wasn't enough to stop those wings! Fast little buggers.

Although I do like seeing crisp wingtips sometimes, more often than not it's this hint of movement I like the best. You nailed it in this one!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back