Hump Day, as in Grizzly Bear hump...

NancyMoranG

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Spent 5 months in Grand Tetons this summer. What a wonderful place!
I was lucky to be able to spend my days looking for spectacular settings and amazing animals.
The Park did not disappoint in either category. In 'honor' of Wednesday, I give you Grizzly humps..

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I had more 'hump' shots, but says too large to upload? Just about same settings I thought..?
Un-techie me doesn't know why...

Wonderful shots of a beautiful animal. My friends just returned from the area and I hope they had luck like this.

Great set. An apex predator that is a beautiful, yet highly efficient killer. Much respect and a wide berth given these wild wonders.

Mike ☘️

Great set. An apex predator that is a beautiful, yet highly efficient killer. Much respect and a wide berth given these wild wonders.

Mike ☘️

Totally agree on the wide berth to these bears!
Went down a dirt road and she was very near the dirt road digging for roots. These were taken with Nikon 200-500 and from my truck window!
I was NOT about to get out. :0

Mike ☘️

Totally agree on the wide berth to these bears!
Went down a dirt road and she was very near the dirt road digging for roots. These were taken with Nikon 200-500 and from my truck window!
I was NOT about to get out. :0

A wise decision on how not to be converted into a bear scat covered Nikon.

Mikey ☘️

You are so lucky to have captured these and safely.Very Nice Set. I been hoping to spot and capture a Black Bear as pretty much the only bear in CT in the wild but I can't help thinking that old saying, be careful what you wish for.LOL

Last edited:
You are so lucky to have captured these and safely.Very Nice Set. I been hoping to spot and capture a Black Bear as pretty much the only bear in CT in the wild but I can't help thinking that old saying, be careful what you wish for.LOL
Thank you. Yes!! I know what you mean about wanting to see them but in the right circumstances. ;)
I was always careful or would you call it chicken? :)

Thank you. Yes!! I know what you mean about wanting to see them but in the right circumstances. ;)
I was always careful or would you call it chicken? :)

Very nice set, good to see some bear pics here.
Side note: Bears command so much respect. There have been many people that probably wish they'd had a good dose of "chicken" before they were attacked for getting too close. Not to mention, everyone and everything loves chicken including bears so good on ya for keeping that 'healthy' distance. :moon:

The Rangers and the volunteer Wildlife folks had their hands full at times! There was a time that the 'famous' bear #399 appeared by the roadside and a crowd gathered, people getting out of cars and getting WAY TOO close!
( Look her up, but she emerged den with 4 !! Cubs )
Luckily a female Ranger arrived and in a very loud and demanding voice said, 'GET BACK Now!!' 'Get in your vehicle !' 2x..
It was a demand everyone listened to and I was very glad she arrived!

image.jpeg

This was them in early Sept but the day I am talking about was @june 1 and they looked like little puppies, but with a very protective mother!

Great pics...and kind of appropriate since one of our local Black Bears made off with my birdfeeder overnight so I had bears on my mind :).

Great pics...and kind of appropriate since one of our local Black Bears made off with my birdfeeder overnight so I had bears on my mind :).

The neighbor's dog was barking like crazy the other night when I went to bed. I looked out the bedroom window, and a nice one was standing in the street sniffing. Luckily it left my trash alone :)

Very nice! I spend a week out that way and never saw a grizzly after hundreds of miles driving around

Most reactions

Back