Hunting season...

I just help my friends eat their venasine. We usualy have a "game day" for one of the football games of the season. We all bring some kind of food using what game meat we have. I usualy have goose-ka-bobs or doves in a blanket.

graigdavis said:
I just help my friends eat their venasine. We usualy have a "game day" for one of the football games of the season. We all bring some kind of food using what game meat we have. I usualy have goose-ka-bobs or doves in a blanket.
That sounds good... :drool:
Invite me! :D (Ohio isn't too bad of a drive is it?)

MDowdey said:
oh and mountainlander, by you saying that your not going to respond...means you just responded.

If you look I never said I wasn't going to respond. I said I was hesitant to.

MDowdey said:
It wasnt a favor.

Look, I know you're in good around here, but I'm getting a little tired of the Gestapo attitude. Just because you don't particularly agree with hunting doesn't mean you have to make it hard to talk about here in off topic by those of us that do. Its a genuine past time loved by thousands (if not millions) of people all over the world.

Your laughter regarding Bace's comment about eating/wearing/using all of every animal harvested suggests to me that you really don't understand what hunting is all about. Because that is exactly what a true hunter does. For every deer I've taken, the meat goes in the freezer, the bones and hooves get saved for the dogs, and the hide goes to the tanner. My aunt makes moccasins, purses, belts, christmas ornaments, etc out of the leather. Every goose and duck I have taken has been eaten, the feathers sold to a hobby store, and the down used in down comforters that my mother makes. If you want to talk about inhumane, take a look where the meat in stores comes from, and the conditions those animals live in before they are sent to slaughter.

I'm probably overreacting, AGAIN, but you've been exceptionally gruff lately, and it is neither becoming of you, nor how I think you truly mean to be as a person.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that this subject is touchy. I think MD could have locked it from the beggining. I think him letting it go on this far was something you should be thankful for.

Could be wrong though.

Regardless, you've probably just sealed the fate of the thread in one post.

I don't see how we're supposed to discuss anythig in here. whenever someone expresses an opinion in a less that perfectly civil way the topic is closed. The only topics I see that last are one's where people post pseudo comical forum banter that you see on all froums which usually follows the format of:

*statement*
*ironic risque statement*
*one up man ship of comments until people get bored*
*topic dies*

just thought I'd say that before this is locked.

you guys stop messin wid my lil bro md, lest i have to break out my whuppin stick and lay to. :razz:

Osmer_Toby said:
you guys stop messin wid my lil bro md, lest i have to break out my whuppin stick and lay to. :razz:
:lmao: :lmao: Have you heard of Roy D. Mercer?? Or is he just a Texas thing?

"Well how biga boy are ya?"

"Don't make me open up a can-a-whupass, 55 gallon drum comin right up!"

Hahaha, he's hilarious.

mountainlander said:
:lmao: :lmao: Have you heard of Roy D. Mercer?? Or is he just a Texas thing?

"Well how biga boy are ya?"

"Don't make me open up a can-a-whupass, 55 gallon drum comin right up!"

Hahaha, he's hilarious.

heheh. checked out his website, will definitely be using some of his stuff.
hey, didn't he write the last State of the Union Adress?

Daniel said:
I don't see how we're supposed to discuss anythig in here. whenever someone expresses an opinion in a less that perfectly civil way the topic is closed. The only topics I see that last are one's where people post pseudo comical forum banter that you see on all froums which usually follows the format of:

*statement*
*ironic risque statement*
*one up man ship of comments until people get bored*
*topic dies*

just thought I'd say that before this is locked.

If you don't like the topic of conversation, don't reply. If you don't like the forum, 'daniel', which you apparently don't, find somewhere else to spend your time. If you can't resist jabbing at the way the forum is run, find yourself banned. We don't need it nor appreciate it.

Let's please just keep this thread clean. It all comes down to if we all just don't hit submit when something is sparking up that debate you're wanting to have that could potentially be nasty. That is something else this forum doesn't need.

I have learned to conform to the rules.

I take out my twenty something angst on other message boards.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back