Hunting season...

mountainlander said:
If you look I never said I wasn't going to respond. I said I was hesitant to.

Look, I know you're in good around here, but I'm getting a little tired of the Gestapo attitude. Just because you don't particularly agree with hunting doesn't mean you have to make it hard to talk about here in off topic by those of us that do. Its a genuine past time loved by thousands (if not millions) of people all over the world.

Your laughter regarding Bace's comment about eating/wearing/using all of every animal harvested suggests to me that you really don't understand what hunting is all about. Because that is exactly what a true hunter does. For every deer I've taken, the meat goes in the freezer, the bones and hooves get saved for the dogs, and the hide goes to the tanner. My aunt makes moccasins, purses, belts, christmas ornaments, etc out of the leather. Every goose and duck I have taken has been eaten, the feathers sold to a hobby store, and the down used in down comforters that my mother makes. If you want to talk about inhumane, take a look where the meat in stores comes from, and the conditions those animals live in before they are sent to slaughter.

I'm probably overreacting, AGAIN, but you've been exceptionally gruff lately, and it is neither becoming of you, nor how I think you truly mean to be as a person.

CHECK YOUR PM's

I posted this in its own thread but figured I'd link it here just because of the topic and to add a little humor.

RedneckReindeer.jpg

One thing i like about hunting is all the cool dogs. I love a hound. I've had many in my life. Blue tick, red-bone, etc..very smart animals indded.

mygrain said:
One thing i like about hunting is all the cool dogs. I love a hound. I've had many in my life. Blue tick, red-bone, etc..very smart animals indded.
Definately! :thumbup:
My friend had a sheep dog/hunting dog. He trained him to do both. That was the smartest dog I've ever seen! :D

Does anyone sense an air of beastiality in this thread.

...I"m sorry, i'm just fuggin twisted.

*leaves*

I think you're insulting me in some form or another but it's the weekend so I can't tell...It's messing me up enough to see you posting outside working hours. :lol:

bace said:
Does anyone sense an air of beastiality in this thread.

nope...maybe that's the smell on your hands you keep catching a wiff of. you got something on your mind there bace...something you just cant get out of there...maybe something to do with your pet rabbit or hamster or something... are they afraid of you now...poor little guys. ;)

:meh:

Listen, they're the ones talking of their love for hounds. I'm just interpretting with a very twisted sensability.

Leave me alone aight.

bace said:
Listen, they're the ones talking of their love for hounds. I'm just interpretting with a very twisted sensability.

Leave me alone aight.

"They" nothing. I actually stated that. And personally I feel one can love something without trying to **** it. You obviously think otherwise. I'll leave you alone once you recant your statement.

You're right. I love my hounds on a regular basis.

bace said:
You're right. I love my hounds on a regular basis.
That's better...now go sit in the corner and no licking yerself!! :p

How's a man supposed to feel good about himself without a little lick every now and then?

Most reactions

Back