I <3 NOLA.

Geaux

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys, this is the first time I've actually gone ALL OUT on a photo in photoshop and I wanted to get your opinions. Here in New Orleans, the 5 year 'anniversary' of Katrina just passed and I wanted to do something NOLA related. Image of the girl is my wife from a photoshoot I did a month or so ago.

I know it's 'overdone', but it was the effect I was going for.

4943657011_b5a204a5e8_b.jpg

I think it's cool. It's not something I would think of doing but I like it!

Definitely the theme goes well with New Orleans.Nothing have to always be natural. Photography is like art, if people can a bucket of paint into a blank canvas and call it art and sell for thousands then this is same. Good job.

Thanks, the wife didn't even notice this, and she's FROM New Orleans ... so I'm guessing some here won't see it either, but the city outline is New Orleans with the Superdome on the left. :) -- created it from a normal city skyline shot, and took some of the buildings out so I could include more standout buildings.

I had to google NOLA... otherwise never would have guessed the theme

Well for people who don't know, Nola stands for Magnolia, one of the biggest project in New Orleans. If you don't know what projects means, well it's a ghetto with a lot of people living in big tall building with really small apartment and living in poverty. It's definitely not a proud landmark but it is what it is. A place that shows why America is not perfect, not even close.

On a peace note, for people who complain and b*tch about their life on how they can't get the new latest camera and lens, well there's millions of people like from New Orlean who's suffering without a place to live. So before you start complaining about your life, think of what millions are going through every second and appreciate you're breathing. RIP to all those we lost and hopefully we won't live until the day we blow this beautiful planet up.

I love it.

I would kill the smaller fleur-de-lis, the one on the left side between "I" and "NOLA" - maybe replace it with another symbol?

It's very cool though. I LOVE the PP on the girl.

Well for people who don't know, Nola stands for Magnolia, one of the biggest project in New Orleans. If you don't know what projects means, well it's a ghetto with a lot of people living in big tall building with really small apartment and living in poverty. It's definitely not a proud landmark but it is what it is. A place that shows why America is not perfect, not even close.

On a peace note, for people who complain and b*tch about their life on how they can't get the new latest camera and lens, well there's millions of people like from New Orlean who's suffering without a place to live. So before you start complaining about your life, think of what millions are going through every second and appreciate you're breathing. RIP to all those we lost and hopefully we won't live until the day we blow this beautiful planet up.

Just a little clearing up, NOLA stands for New Orleans Louisiana. When you hear someone say "Nolia", then they are referring to the Magnolia Projects ;)

Posted this late last night, bump for morning... errr, afternoon people :)

Since it was my first time, it took about 3 hours to complete this image, doing mostly everything from scratch or editing in some way.

I like the image a lot. Particularly the drama that the splashes of red add. I too would remove the fleur-de-lis on the left.

Thanks, I'm thinking of removing the fleur de lis on the left, and add a red heart in the place of it .... to match the theme better.

I like it a lot. What blending mode did you use to make the pictures look like they were crumbled with the paper? And did you use stock images of crumpled paper? I just basically want to know what you did haha.

For the crumpled paper, you can do one of two things. You can crumple your own paper and scan it, or google Crumpled Paper Texture (which is what I did). There are TONS of textures out there you can use, good luck!

The blending mode was "Multiply", desaturated the paper, played with it's contrast a bit, then flattened the image. I then used the selection tool and made a rough, but jagged edge around it. Copy + Paste onto new layout ... done :)

As far as the other things, I can't really tell you everything I did ... it would take WAAAAAY too long lol

That was really all I needed, but I found a stock image earlier and messed around with it. Came up with this

2sajqit.jpg

I'm thinking of doing something similar with a senior portrait shoot in a couple days. Just needed a sample of the paper and photo. Thanks, though. I appreciate it.

Most reactions

Back