What's new

I am a happy puppy

L glass is definitely awesome =P Using the 70-200 f/4L IS myself. There are definitely times where the f/2.8 would be helpful tho
 
f/2.8 is an aperture of last resort really. I'd rather push the ISO the extra stop and shoot at f/4. I really only got the f/2.8 because I want to use it with a 2x teleconverter and the f/4 lens won't autofocus with it. the f/2.8 will. The guy I bought it from showed me some shots he'd gotten at f/2.8, and they looked pretty amazing, but they were 4x6 prints and shot on a 5dmkII. IDK only time will tell. I'll mostly shoot at f/4 I'm guessing.
 
My wife is very understanding of my hobby. She just doesn't understand why some plastic and glass has to cost so much.

You can tell her that "L" stands for love which is priceless :)
 
L glass is definitely awesome =P Using the 70-200 f/4L IS myself. There are definitely times where the f/2.8 would be helpful tho

When do you miss 2.8? Sports/action and low light events?
 
lol that would be the logical choice.

:) yeah, I have a 7d and am thinking of getting 70-200 f4 is. But want to make sure that I do not need 2.8 is as this is a big purchase and all.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom