I am actually enjoying this winter with my camera... bring it on!

Nice sharp shots.
thanks very much.. love your horse..
He was a good roping horse - steer all day just with leg pressure... - he's gone now.
sorry to hear this.. we have 4 and they are all seniors.. oldest is 34..
Our last lesson horse, a Morgan mare, passed away at 29 a few years ago. We've since sold the acreage and moved to a condo. We do miss the horses sometimes so looking at volunteering with the therapeutic riding program in Ocala.
You live in Ocala.. we were actually thinking of moving the horses there .. but our vet said they are too old for the trip.. and also too old for the enormous change..hay & weather etc.. someday i still hope to move there..
Our horses moved from West Virginia to Georgia and then to Florida over 8 years or so and we saw no problems. They ate timothy and feed, so really no change other than the grazing.

Nice sharp shots.
He was a good roping horse - steer all day just with leg pressure... - he's gone now.
Our last lesson horse, a Morgan mare, passed away at 29 a few years ago. We've since sold the acreage and moved to a condo. We do miss the horses sometimes so looking at volunteering with the therapeutic riding program in Ocala.
You live in Ocala.. we were actually thinking of moving the horses there .. but our vet said they are too old for the trip.. and also too old for the enormous change..hay & weather etc.. someday i still hope to move there..
Our horses moved from West Virginia to Georgia and then to Florida over 8 years or so and we saw no problems. They ate timothy and feed, so really no change other than the grazing.
Was the hay grown right in Ocala.. or did they have to ship it in... still might get there yet.. just not with 4.. the youngest is 20 so he may be with us for a long time..

Was the hay grown right in Ocala.. or did they have to ship it in... still might get there yet.. just not with 4.. the youngest is 20 so he may be with us for a long time..

The answer is BOTH. Most of the hay was local hay while some was shipped in. The one old (29) horse ended eating water soaked cubes that I believe are a product of Canada. She grazed the sparse pastures as well.

The answer is BOTH. Most of the hay was local hay while some was shipped in. The one old (29) horse ended eating water soaked cubes that I believe are a product of Canada. She grazed the sparse pastures as well.
thank you for info.. one of these days we will move there..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back